Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
Beware, Lani! The Revenge Of The Evil Phone Company Empire is coming up next!
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
(12-30-2015, 12:11 AM)kyonides Wrote: Beware, Lani! The Revenge Of The Evil Phone Company Empire is coming up next!

I'd rather go through a table than deal with the trouble of the evil phone company empire again...
SOMEBODY GET THE DUDLEY BOYZ!  Tongue sticking out
[Image: The-Dudley-Boyz.jpg]

No, but in all seriousness, I feel like their job was to sell us more stuff than we wanted, which isn't what customer service is supposed to be for. I have heard of a few other companies that do that (Wasn't Comcast a big one that did that?) but at least I made it through it all alive~  Laughing

For my trouble, they contacted us and told us they're sending us 3 free tablets-- pretty much as a bribe to not badmouth them anymore. 
After they kept my friend without internet for 9 weeks, while still charging him full-price for the internet he didn't have, I don't think some free unactivated tablets are enticing... 
Can tablets be used to play music?  Confused
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Music, movies, games, it's a computer without brains (in my tablet-hating viewpoint)... Don't get me wrong. Tablets can be convenient, but I hate the whole 'swipe here... tap here' thing like it is meant for a child of 2 or 3. Thing is... watch it be some Chinese knock-off from Coby or whatnot (not that it too can't play music or movies).

On MY mind now... Had difficulty getting online tonight. AOL kept saying my modem was blocked. I had to unplug my USB phone modem from one USB jack and plug it into another. Either it was loose in the USB port after the past few months, or the modem is going bad. Fortunately, I have a spare USB phone modem and nearly a dozen USB jacks in my PC.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I've learned that nothing is free. When you get those tablets callback and make sure you dont get a 2 year contract for your trouble. Device may be free but a suprise contract is not and the 150.00 to get rid of it will ruin your day (3 times over).
Reply }
I finally found all those ambient tracks of Dragon Age: Inquisition which were not included in the OST.
I thought I would never get them and already planned to rip them out of the game by myself.

But well finally the searching was it worth. :)
Reply }
(12-29-2015, 09:14 PM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: I remember why I left at&t years ago... Today, after a 5-hour phonecall to activate my new phone that we got through them, I remembered it all...
Every few minutes, we were asked to verify all of our information again, from our address, to the last 4 social security numbers, zip code, address again, our name, etc...
They constantly tried to sell us more products, or make themselves seem great by advertising their "AMAZING NEW SITE!!!" that they apparently "PERSONALLY LOVE! CHECK IT OUT AT STEP 5 OF THE PROCESS!"
If we ever get to step 5 of the process, I'll be sure to let you guys know how their site is. For now, we're stuck giving zip codes for the 100th time this hour... and it's 10 minutes into the hour.  Sarcasm 

Not sure if this is what "Customer Service" is supposed to look like, because I definitely don't feel served. AT ALL.
If you see a "Great" at&t deal, just don't go through the trouble. at&t are still at&t, the ones with the worst customer service you can imagine... 

EDIT: They activated the phone finally, and didn't mention the 45 dollar hidden fee for said activation. 
At least it's over... FINALLY...
AT and T is an oligopoly, with very little competition from companies equally shit. All of whom don't care for the customer or losing their service, because they have enough complacent zombies to keep them afloat... or because no-one can choose the lesser of two evils due to that option not existing.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
Happy New Year everyone! :D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

My connection has been kind of crap for a few weeks and so as an apology, I got free fibre-optic 38megabit-download speed internet for a year. :3
Come live in the UK, where the customer is king.
Reply }
(01-01-2016, 02:07 PM)MetalRenard Wrote: Happy New Year everyone! :D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

My connection has been kind of crap for a few weeks and so as an apology, I got free fibre-optic 38megabit-download speed internet for a year. :3
Come live in the UK, where the customer is king.
Shocked What? Shocked I would have to pay about $100 or $120 for such a high speed internet connection...
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }
So like... there's this...
[Image: tumblr_nysexpITvK1sk4q2wo1_540.gif]

Reply }
Yay for not-very-fast internet!  Blushing + Cheery

Anyway, I made a few breakthroughs today on some things I should've tried to figure out YEARS ago... regarding the damage formulas. After some extensive rambling with people, I finally took to The Mighty Google to figure out some of my queries. I finally came up with some REALLY awesome things that'll save my game from having skills being too overpowered in the beginning! 
(Not sure if I should have this in the "What's up RMers?" thread, but I have some more thoughts right now that I wanna get out at one time, so sorry if I'm in the wrong thread for this!)
My people were doing 27-30 damage with skills, and with their regular attacks they were doing 2, 6, and even 0. Lots of 0 for Sheena...  Confused
It turns out, I was doing the whole damage formula totally wrong, thinking the STR and ATK were the problems with the skills, and I thought I needed to change all of that up constantly to get the damage to be "Balanced", but then the damage would end up goofy for later in the game! 
It was the Power that was the problem. I had it too high, and I feel so stupid right now. With the Skill Leveling script by a certain genius, I think I can finally balance everything out and do some REAL playtesting! 
I'M ONE STEP CLOSER TO A DEMO, GUYS. (Still a long way away, though)

Now, what else is on my mind? I suppose I should push past this vast fortress of Ruby-tude, and get it all out, huh?
*Digs a hole to Mental China in my mind*
Aha! FOUND YA, THOUGHTS! (I'm so weird...)

1 - I watched RWBY yesterday with my Ruby plush, and I reached the latest episode as of yesterday. I didn't realize it was the last one, and now I'm on a major cliffhanger! AHH! 
I normally don't do that, I like to have a few episode gap from the latest episodes... but I enjoyed it so much! The show is just so well-done, and I couldn't stop watching! And neither could Ruby! She was with me the whole time  Grinning

2 - Some people wake up on the wrong side of the bed, and it's so obvious they did... For the past few hours, some people that shall not be named have awakened, and have had nothing but negative things to say to me/about me. I didn't even do anything yet!  Sad 

3 - My Youtube channel recently hit 20 subscribers! To celebrate, I'm putting out a video every day this week, starting on Monday and ending on Friday! Lots of uploading is gonna be going on for me, so if I don't show up in the IRC, it's because my internet couldn't open it due to the uploads.  Tongue sticking out 

4 - Finally... THE ROCK HAS COME BACK TO WRESTLEMANIAAAA!!!
The Rock is coming back to Wrestlemania 32 this year, and I don't know how I feel about that. He's great on the mic, but he kinda just shows up once a year and says he still loves wrestling and the fans, but then goes back to making movies. He can't have a "Physical" role this year, because he has two movie deals in a row, so what the heck is he gonna do? Talk about how he's back and then leave? He's promising "History" at Wrestlemania this year, but there's already gonna be history via the attendance numbers! What's he gonna do? I'm so curious now!  Laughing

Okay, that's it! Have an awesome day, everyone!  Blushing + Cheery

Reply }