Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What's on your mind?
The wind has blown the roof of our greenhouse off now. My dad and I tried to put it back on, but not a chance. And aparently it's going to be even more windy tomorrow =/
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
finished the run of my play! the last night was almost a disaster. i get thrown under a table halfway through act one. this time, the tablecloth was actually hung long, and was touching the floor. when i got thrown under, i rolled on top of it, and the whole thing got tangled up in my shoe, and flung EVERYTHING onto the stage floor RIGHT as all the other actresses make their re-entry. the guy i was in the scene with was awesome, and made something up about trying out a new magic trick. this was brilliant since his next lines were basically a cover for me being there. he said he was rehearsing a tapdance he prepared for the wedding ceremony, and even worked up a ventriliquist act (then he kicks me under the table to show he can throw his voice) meanwhile i'm panicking. i have no idea what's going on, because the vinyl table cover that was clipped to the table stayed on. i can't see out, so i just wrap myself up in the tablecloth like a blanket, since i was supposed to fall asleep under there anyway.

AND GUESS WHAT? the audience (of about 25) loved the whole thing. it was a really magical disaster, and everyone really proved themselves by working through it like pros. acting is the best high i've ever found. stage acting is totally different from haunted house acting. doing my comedy is totally different from stage acting too, but i was watching Inside The Actor's Studio with Robin Williams last night, and he was talking about how comics make the best actors, because they're fearless. later, James Lipton asks him where it all comes from. He goes into this whorl of different characters and voices to explain that it's his way of getting approval for being smart and knowing stuff. the improv and the act were his way of gluing it all together.
Reply }
A turtle buys a house...

Does that make it a home within a home? Confused
[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
This is not an April Fool's joke.
IT'S HERE. Very cheery

[Image: SP1-ResourceHunter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Director.png]

Destiny of End Thread: http://save-point.org/thread-5585.html
Destiny of End Twitter: https://twitter.com/DestinyofEnd
Destiny of End Youtube: (Coming soon)
Reply }
Got offered a job in Darlington UK. I should be happier but I went so close to working for the guys behind Need for Speed Rivals and this is not game development related at all... so I am more in a "meh" mood.
[Image: f7d70f7d-d21f-470a-b93d-fa23cfcfaeb5_zpsfe7368c0.png] [Image: facebook_icon.png] [Image: youtube_128x128-120x120.png] [Image: deviant.png] [Image: save-point.png]
Reply }
Today, I worked on an important feature of Vrkhazh that I call the "Familiaritive".
The central use of the Familiaritive is to mark that the referent (as a friend, ally, family member, lover, or rival) is known to the speaker. The Familiaritive also conveys a sense of friendliness and openness towards the referent, while the lack of familiar marking conveys a sense of neutrality, distance, and even hostility. The Familiaritive is marked on verbs and there is a set of Familiaritive pronouns.

All examples have written below them a series shorthand terms known as "glossing" in order to help understand grammar. I'll list those:
1, 2, 3 = 1st person, 2nd person, 3rd person, respectively
Sg or s = singular
Pl or p = plural
MASC or m = masculine (e.g. ms = masculine singular)
FEM or f = feminine
NOM = Nominative (the actor/subject of the verb, "I, he, she")
ACC = Accusative (the patient/object of the verb "me, him, her")
GEN = Genitive (possessor, "my, your, his")
ALL = Allative (expresses movement towards something)
ACT = Active voice (I X, you X, he Xs)
PRES = Present tense
PST = Past tense
NEG = Negative (No/Not)
FMLR = Familiaritive

Examples:
ʾEma ta-muluḥa šadiki ziquẕ.
2fs-NOM-FMLR ACC-FEM=friend-FEM-SG 1s-GEN FMLR-be-ACT-PRES-SG
You are my friend.

Ǧoti šuješ zinammudam.
3mp-NOM-FMLR 3ms-ALL FMLR-dash-ACT-PST-PL
They dashed towards him.

When not marking the Familiaritive becomes an insult:
Ẕaẏ ʾišib šumar seẇt ʾitim!
1s-NOM 2ms-ACC know-ACT-PRES-SG anymore NEG
I don't know you anymore!
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
latin uses something called the diminutive to similar affect
Reply }
Quote: Sleep Habits of the Zodiac

♐ Sagittarius:
Sagittarius can survive off a minimal sleep arrangement but tend to naturally exhaust themselves through the day. They can put off bed time by becoming too excited or hyper about things at night. Occasionally restless, meaningful dreams

I don't care much for anything in the way of horoscopes, but this is pretty much me, especially the second bit. Xb

Furthermore: Good things happened today. And not so good things.
I am in a strange mood as a result.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
(04-02-2015, 10:40 PM)KasperKalamity Wrote: latin uses something called the diminutive to similar affect
The dimunitive makes things smaller or less intense: you think of pet names, which are similar but not the same as my familiaritive.
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
This is a Fractal Map Generator:
http://topps.diku.dk/torbenm/maps.msp
Good for map-making inspiration.

Reply }