Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version)
WANTED : Old Version of this Project

I'm just curious; did anybody ever downloaded the ancient version of this project? Would you still happen to have a copy?

I'd like to repost the old version for historical purposes. This has been lost. Good, bad or ugly I want to preserve it.

This project was launched a decade ago for some contest (I can't even remember who won but I don't think it was me.)

Lots of things have changed since then, and I'm now designing the 6th dungeon of this game - it is deadly, nasty and unfair.

My daughter wants to play the old version of the game (she hates the new version, too fast paced and difficult.)

The old version, as far as I remember it, used all default resources. I don't even think it used a custom menu or battle system, I think those were defaults too. The cast was definitely old RPG Maker XP stock. The only thing original was the music. Speaking of...

"Lightning Strikes!" Album Has Remade BEAST Tracks

My signature (at date of this post) has links to the "Lightning Strikes!" album; most of tracks on that album are remade versions of BEAST music with live guitars.

(NOTE : "Wicked Underground" is the only track on the album that remains unchanged. It is the same track that appears in the oldest copy of this game.)

What is the Current Version Like?

I've only released the 2012 version but I still work on this (mostly as a test bed, but it is a fully fleshed game too. An open experiment of sorts.)

I probably won't release a new version until REGAL is finished, because the two are intertwined. This can't be helped.

Changes Between 2012 and Now...

The New Cast Consists of...

Events From Where it Left Off... (Spoilers)
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version) - by Kain Nobel - 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-16-2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-17-2023, 11:36 AM