Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

Daniel stared after them, stunned. He couldn't believe it! They had run away? For some odd reason, he felt disappointed. Before, when he had fought with the elven blade, it had seemed to sing in his hands. Now, it was quiet with the threat having retreated.

He barely felt the men clapping him on the back in thanks and relief. None of them seemed to care or notice his revealed pointed ears. They were all just grateful to be alive. He wished he could have saved more of them, but at least those who were left still had homes and family.

Robin touched his arm gently. "Are you all right?" She asked worriedly. "Your face has gone really pale."

"I'm just--" Before he could complete his sentence, he collapsed upon the ground with the sword still clutched within his hand.

Robin kneeled, caressing his cheek. Then looked up at Marcus, who was staring down at Daniel in concern. "He's fine." Robin told him. "Just asleep. But I don't understand."

Marcus nodded. "I think I do. Come on, let's return to your house. There's nothing for it but to let him rest." He turned to two of the huge, burly men that had helped to drive Aric off. "Can you help us get him back? I'm too old to carry someone, even though he looks pretty light."

Robin watched, clutching Daniel's sword to her breast, as the two big men lifted Daniel, and started heading for her house. As she went to follow them, Marcus grabbed her arm. "The sword is elven in nature." He told her softly. "It only makes sense that there would be a price for him to use it's power. Let's just hope that it doesn't get any worse than this."

"You mean it's cursed?" She asked, her eyes wide.

"I don't think so." He told her. "He's only half elf, but it may be trying to awaken that side of him. I can't know for sure at this time. We'll just have to keep an eye on him for now."

They headed back for the house, but Robin's thoughts were in turmoil. If the sword was trying to make Daniel a full elf, would he become someone else if it succeeded? She shuddered. Suddenly, she was afraid that she was going to end up losing him.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 05:48 AM