Save-Point
RPG Developer Bakin - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Tools (https://www.save-point.org/forum-42.html)
+--- Thread: RPG Developer Bakin (/thread-8609.html)

Pages: 1 2

RPG Developer Bakin - JayRay - 12-17-2022

What is RPG Developer Bakin?
RPG Developer Bakin (hereafter Bakin) is a game development tool that allows anyone to enjoy creating RPGs with intuitive operation and advanced features without programming. It includes a map editor, camera tool, and other tools to help you create your game, as well as graphics and sound assets that you can make your game from the day you purchase it. Games created can be distributed royalty-free with or without compensation.

[Image: Mapedit_E-1-1024x576.jpg]

Place terrains such as grasslands, cobblestones, and wooden floors to raise and lower the ground to create a difference in elevation. The overgrown flowers and grasses, the large rocks that block the way, the houses that decorate the cityscape, and the furniture in the rooms are all putted on there. The map that serves as the stage for the game can be easily created as if drawing with a pen. The objects on the map can be placed anywhere, enlarged, reduced, and transformed at will. You can also customize models by combining objects such as houses, windows, and balconies.

With Bakin, you can change the scenery from day to night, from sunny to rainy, or create cinematic scenes with deep fog or perspective effects using blurring. Advanced effect functions such as bloom, DoF (depth of field), ambient, and fog are available, as well as data for presets that combine them. Switch between scenes with a click, or make detailed adjustments to create your ideal setting, Bakin does it all for you.

[Image: top_3_1-1.jpg]

(With effects disabled)

[Image: top_3_2-2.jpg]

(With Effects Enabled)

Bakin does not require any programming knowledge. By simply combining “Event Panels,” which have various functions such as having conversations, playing sounds, teleporting the player/events, and branching out with selections, you can control what happens in the story and during battles. In addition, common RPG events such as “joining the party,” “obtaining items,” and “moving between maps” are pre-templated and can be used by just filling in the required fields, such as character dialogue, items available, and destinations.

[Image: EventPanel_e-1024x576.jpg]
[color=#000000]Bakin has a database function that provides the ability to determine in detail the main characters, monsters, skills, items, and various other data in the game. If you are interested in creating a game, all you will see in the database are familiar settings. Surely all the data can be produced immediately. Create to your heart’s content the inhabitants of the world you envision, the monsters that stand in your way, as well as magic and classes.

[Image: Database_e-1024x576.jpg]
System Requirements

MINIMUM
Processor: Intel Core i3-4340 or better
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics:Graphic board that works with OpenGL 4.4 or higher
Storage: 8 GB available space

— RECOMMENDED —
Processor: Core i5-8400 / Ryzen 5 1500X  or better
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX1650 AMD Radeon™ RX570
Storage: 8 GB available space

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - kyonides - 12-19-2022

Thinking Does this engine feature any kind of programming language?
Even Warcraft 3's engine had something like that. Happy with a sweat
Is it stable? Or buggy? Because in WC3 the engine couldn't handle pointers properly for some weird reason, and people always warned fellow users about optimizing events and resources.

Well, a PC or laptop with Win10 and 8 GB RAM serves as a bare minimum for decent performance for Win10 consumes the first 4 GB entirely. I hate when engines become real resource hogs. Confused

Indifferent I wouldn't use it unless it could run on Win8 as well.

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - DerVVulfman - 12-19-2022

Looks like it uses eventing solely. No programming language needed, but suggests 'event layers'... aka events.

And they suggest Win 10 64-Bit as a minimum, so they may not have made anything for 32-bit users.

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - kyonides - 12-19-2022

I'm not complaining about the 64 bit system limitation for pretty much everything is compiled against those processors nowadays. Even getting 32 bit processors today is an ordeal I wouldn't recommend people to go through. Yet, I'm feeling sorry for those that remain in 32 bit OS's, especially during this microchip crisis. Confused

It'd be a real shame if it has no programming language. I wonder if the engine has a plethora of unusual and customizable commands to compensate that.

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - JayRay - 01-01-2023

[Image: bOYx4xq.png]

While not having a scripting engine inside. Smile Game Builder came with a Unity Exporter that allowed finished SGB projects to be exported directly into the Unity Engine for building to TONS of different operating systems and consoles.

RPG Developer Bakin, on the other hand, allows for C# Program implementation, and later should also have a similar exporter, but realistically, there are so many things you can edit in the engine for your game, you don't NEED too much more scripting support. 

And a ton more features than ANY engine I've seen.

Also, if you DO want to learn more about the event features and more, RPG Developer Bakin Wiki - BakinWiki (rpgbakin.com)

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - Kain Nobel - 01-01-2023

OMG the big homie JayRay, it's good to see you!

Between the Smile Game Builder and Bakin, you seem to have a lot of good works. Professional presentation too. Hopefully you're finding success with your ventures.

Although we're working on two completely different projects, your influence on me as a developer has been major. Had I not been so busy back in the day, I would've probably got involved with this more, but I was working a lot and I already had committed to something at that time. However, I've never forgot about you, your friendship and the lessons I've learned from you just from being in the same digital communities. When you were experimenting with Daz3D and making digital people, I was crafting my 2D template and sorting out the mass variety of map and battle poses and animations. When you were building 3D worlds and laying down textures and shading principals, I was building 2D house and cave graphics and drawing trees. When you were building Smile Game Builder, I think we all were discussing building our own RPG builder (and that project has been resurrected from the dead.)

I've experimented with Blender, Paint3D and Daz3D too, but it was never anything I got seriously involved in. I certainly hope to build good 3D assets in the future, but I'd have to have allocated the proper time and commitment to attempt such a task.

You've definitely influenced and inspired me personally as a developer and I'm glad I met you when I did. I'm also very happy to see that you've stayed committed and active with your projects, NONE of it comes EASY - ever. The easiest thing is to give up, so I am glad you stayed the course!

Wishing you a Happy New Year! Take care JayRay!

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - JayRay - 01-01-2023

While I was part of the Beta, and bug-fixing of Smile Game Builder, that game engine was actually 'made' was made by the earnest developers over at SmileBoom, in Sapporo, Japan. I've helped with assets and tutorials in their official discord, but for the most part, I've just enjoyed riding the wave of basic 3d game making.

Our community (https://discord.gg/bYCkTrVF) has been at the forefront of testing and reporting any problems we've seen in the implementation of the game, and overall, have worked with Sana-chan and the gang not only to make Bakin what it has become but to help develop assets, tutorials, and games for the engines.

With that said, yes, we've ALL been busy in 2022, and can only hope that 2023 shows off even more Indy gaming awesomeness... Happy new year Kain, and be awesome with all that you endeavor to do!

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - JayRay - 01-06-2023

[Image: 509d58f6dc8476be3f3ae8e0850cdd48c1332096.png]
Hello everyone!

Today we have updated it to Ver. 1.1.
Various functions have been added and improved.

The contents are as follows:

--- New and Improved Features ---
- Cross-Save Shared Variables
Variables that exist beyond the saved data units and can be referenced from anywhere in the game have been implemented.
By using these variables, it is possible to change the game content before and after the game is cleared, or to record only the scenes seen during play in a multi-ending game. This feature can be used in games with story branches, such as novel games and adventure games, and can also be utilized in a variety of ways depending on the creator's ideas.

- Title Screen Call Feature from Event
Added a command script "Display Title Screen".
This makes it possible to display the title screen after the game's introductory event, or to display the title screen while showing the map with the camera.
Together with the cross-save shared variables, it is also possible to change the title screen before and after the game is cleared, and so on.

(Jay Ray's Notes: Remember when you had to have a TON of scripts to show maps and cutscenes before the title screen? Well... Update 1.1 means you get the ability to do so OUT OF THE Box, or even have a SEPERATE Title screen depending on Cross-Save Variables if you choose... New Game+++? Different Graphic at the start for beating the game? You name it...)

- Stamp Export/Import Feature and Ability to Published Export Files to Steam Workshop
Added the ability to export 2D/3D/terrain stamps and various resources as a single file and import them.
< Export >

1. Select the file(s) or folder(s) you wish to export in the tree section of each resource menu and right-click to display the context menu.
2. Select "Export Selected Elements" in the menu.
3. Each element of the stamp is compiled and exported in a file named .exrbr.

< Import >

You can import resources by selecting them from the Asset Picker > Local Files or by dragging and dropping .exrbr files into the Resources Tree section or Map Editor.
Also, exported .exrbr files can now be published to the Steam Workshop.
Please use it to publish your own stamps, etc.

- New 3D/2D stamps exported to Steam Workshop are now available free of charge.
We have released the following two samples of the stamp export feature. Enjoy using them to create your own games.
-
2D Cast Figure Graphics Set
: This is a set of figure graphics that has been requested by many customers.
[Image: ddac22e47ff15b36142daa2467619e0545d3b308.jpg]

[ Event Editor ]
- Added functions to the command script "Advanced Variable Box Operation" to obtain information on "Arithmetic Functions" and "nth Status in the Party" and to convert degrees > radians and radians > degrees.

- The command script "Play Movie" can now select the display priority of the movie.
In addition, a function has been implemented to end a movie that is playing when the movie to be played is specified as "None".

- The command script "Change Cast Graphic" can also be used to change the icon image of the cast.

- Changed the specification of the command script "Change Y Coordinate of Player/Event" to check if there are any obstacles in the upper or lower direction and added a function to stop there.
The previous specification was to go through the collision, but this has now been changed.

[ Map Editor ]
- Added "Memorize Position" to the context menu of events on maps.
Events with this setting turned on will keep their post-movement position even after the player has left the map.

- Snap Tool has been added to the Tools palette.
After this tool is turned on, if an object or event is selected and brought within a certain distance to another object, it will be snapped at the outer perimeter.

- Random Pen placed on the Tools palette.
Random Pen function that randomly changes scale and angle when placing objects is made into a button.
(The existing shortcut Ctrl+Alt to Random Pen when using the Pen tool remains unchanged.)

- A button has been added to the Quick Toolbar that allows the user to turn on/off the "Falling by Gravity of Events" setting.

- The ON/OFF button for View Collision at the bottom of the Map Editor is now linked to the ON/OFF for displaying the collision range of events.

[ Layout Tool ]
- Added Special Formats for Layout Tool
Various special formats have been added, focusing on attributes and information about reserve members.

- Implementation of a List of Tags Specifying Special Coordinates in the Layout Tool
Special Coordinate Specification Tags" in Container for Rendering and Container for Entry Selection can now be selected from a list of tags.

[ Game Definition ]
- Rules and Operations > Use Default Battle Layout and Battle Layout Settings have been implemented.
This allows you to specify a default battle layout for the entire game.
Also, a switch to use/not use custom battle layouts has been implemented in Map Settings > Enemy Distribution, making it possible to not use battle layouts specified with this feature.

- The height limit of 50 for "Change Y Coordinate of Player/Event" that was in the Rules and Operations has been removed.

- In the Project Settings, it is now possible to specify the interval (distance) at which objects are continuously placed by dragging.
This setting is common to both the Pen tool and the Random Pen tool.

[ Resources ]
- The asset picker now divides sound types into BGM/Environmental Sound/SE for clarity.

- When moving to the material edit screen from the "Material" section of the Properties in the Resources > 3D Stamps and Models screen, the material is now previewed in the model that is using the material.

- Added motion for emotion marks to Emotion in the Resources > Sprites reserved folder.

[ Database ]
- The range of status increases/decreases values for items, skills, and state definitions has been expanded.

--- Bug Fixes ---
[ Game Engine ]
- Fixed a bug in the command script "Change Player Y Coordinate" that sometimes caused the player to warp to map coordinates 0,0 when pushing through terrain from below.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the event to be started again after the command script "Delete Event" was executed on contact-triggered events.
- Fixed a bug in which when changing classes with a battle event, the status of the changed class was not reflected in the in-battle status.
- Fixed the display position of the cast graphic for conversations specified in the Layout Tool to be displayed correctly.
- Fixed a bug in which the "Enemy Level" specified and displayed with the Layout Tool was always displayed at 1.
- Fixed a bug that caused an exception when a sprite with no eye/mouth layer contents was specified as a cast to be displayed in the command script "Display Conversation".
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when executing the command scripts "Check Collision State" and "Check Surrounding Collision Detection" within a common event initiated from a map, skill, or item.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when playing a movie with a file path using non-ASCII text in an English environment.

[ Layout Tool ]
- Fixed a bug that allowed the user to press the Add Part button in the Layout Tool even when the layout to be assigned was not selected.
- The value displayed in the special format enemystatus[9] has been changed to the experience gained after battles.

[ Event Editor ]
- Fixed a bug that prevented switching motions on the event sheet from being immediately reflected in the preview.

[ Map Editor ]
- Fixed a bug that caused an exception when renaming an entry in the Properties while multiple entries were selected in the Placed List palette.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the collision of the underlying object to be displayed incorrectly when an object was placed on top of it with the "Place on Top" button turned on. 

[ Resources ]
- Fixed a bug in Resources > 3D Stamps/2D Stamps Textures/Images where resource and folder names were not linked.
- Fixed a bug that caused resources with the same name to be created when a file was dropped from Explorer into each of the Resources menus.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a stamp with multiple subgraphics specified from being displayed correctly in the preview if any of the subgraphics specified had blanks for both graphics and local lights.

[ Database ]
- Fixed incorrect initial value for Generate Events > "Number of Event Generated per Time" in Database > Casts > Other tab.

[ Sprite Tool ]
Fixed a bug that caused an exception when adding a sprite set.

[ Camera Tool ]
Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when editing the battle camera in the Camera Tool after test play.

[ Other ]
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused particles placed on a map to blink in a published exported work.

- Fixed a bug that caused a freeze when quitting a published exported work while the map was being pre-loaded in the background.

- Fixed unnecessary folders are no longer displayed in the asset column of the asset picker "Ready-to-Use" tab.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
The contents of Ver. 1.1 are described above.

Thanks to your support, it has been two months since the start of Early Access.
Our development team is very grateful that so many people are trying to create games with Bakin. We will continue to improve RPG Developer Bakin to make it a better tool.

We hope that this Winter Sale will be an opportunity for newcomers to the world of Bakin, as well as for current Bakin users, to continue to enjoy our tool.

RE: RPG Developer Bakin - JayRay - 01-28-2023

Hello everyone!

Today we have updated it to Ver. 1.1.1

--- New and Improved Features ---
- Formats for Input Support have been implemented that allow the contents of local and array variables to be displayed when a conversation or message is displayed in an event.

- All resistance values in the Database have been changed so that they can be entered as numerical values.

- The System Resources menu that was in Resources has been moved to Game Definition.

- When adding assets from local files or DLC using the asset picker, a progress bar is now displayed if the adding process takes a long time.

--- Bug Fixes ---
[Game Engine]
- Fixed a bug that could cause the player to be trapped on the ground or in other places when dashing toward a table.

- Fixed a bug that caused the player cast to be affected by the state change of the terrain below the object, even when the player cast was standing on top of the object.

- Fixed a bug where collisions were not generated correctly for 2D stamps placed on maps.

- Fixed a bug in which the collision models' pre-loading and caching functions were not working when exporting and executing a published work.

[Events]
- Fixed a bug that could cause movement by "Movement Pattern" on the event sheet to get stuck at the boundary of the movement range limit.

- Fixed a bug in "Display Ticker Text" that caused the display to end in the middle when a ticker containing blank lines was played by scrolling.

- Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when using "Rearrange the Order of Party Train" to place a non-party cast at the front of the party train.

- Fixed a bug in which the elevation of the destination was not adopted when moving to a different map when moving to a different location due to an event.

- Fixed a bug that could cause an exception when specifying an image number as a variable in "Display Image".

- Fixed a memory leak problem when starting to display a sprite in "Display Image".

[Battles]
- Fixed a bug that caused damage numbers to overlap when using skills that damage HP and MP at the same time.

- Fixed a bug in which the value of the class's state resistance was not being added to the cast's parameters.

- Fixed a bug that caused an empty battlefield to be displayed when losing a battle in the battle test.

[Map Editor]
- Fixed a bug in which, when converting an object to an event, canceling the edit would undo the conversion itself even after the Apply button was pressed.

- Fixed a bug where adding and deleting terrain stamps in Resources was not properly reflected when changing the map size on the Map Settings > Basic tab.

[Layout Tool]
- Some wording used within the layout tool has been corrected to a consistent wording.

- Fixed a bug that caused the display of messages, conversations, and tickers to be corrupted when the display origin of the layout's text panel was specified to be other than the upper left corner.

- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect scale calculations for child containers when changing the scale of a menu container.

- Fixed the display of special formats for sliders and special coordinate tags in the special format list in the text panel so that they are not displayed.

- Fixed a bug in the special format for displaying variables in which the display did not reflect the result of a change in the contents of a variable due to an event or other influence.

[Database]
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly indicated state changes and resistances of classes in cast parameters.

- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented folders in the list of each section from being deleted properly.

[Resources]
- The U/I of the file import dialog that appears when importing 2D resources has been corrected.

- Fixed a bug that caused an exception when changing model attributes on a terrain stamp.

- Fixed a bug that caused images existing in the res folder in the editing project to be saved as absolute paths when assigned to a normal map/mask map.

- In the process of adding to Resources, the behavior of drag-and-drop and adding local files from the asset picker is now the same.

- Collision models from local files (files whose filename ends with "_col/_col+number") have been modified not to be made into stamps.

- Fixed a bug in which resource files that did not need to be pasted were pasted when "Change ID/Use Same Procedure for All Thereafter" was specified in the dialog box when pasting a copied folder.

- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the scale selection combo box from being selected.

[Others]
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect values to be specified for audio when the config was opened.

---------------------------------
We will continue to improve and refine Bakin to make it an even better tool in 2023.
Thank you for your continued support of RPG Developer Bakin in the coming year!

RPG Developer Bakin 1.1.2 - JayRay - 01-28-2023

Hello everyone!

Today we have updated it to Ver. 1.1.2

--- Additional Functions ---
- Layout Tool: Added special formats showing status changes when purchasing equipment in the store.
selectshopitemequipstatus[x], selectshopitemequipstatus[x][y]
If you use the above special formats when selecting an item in the store, the status after equipping will be displayed. (If the item is unequipable or unchanged, nothing will be displayed.)

- Added "Basic Max Damage/Recovery Amount" to the "Rules and Operations > Game System Definition" section of the Game Definition.

- The following parameters have been added to the Database that increase or decrease the "Basic Max Damage/Recovery Amount".
  - "Max Damage/Recovery Amount" of "Items > Change Elements > Equipment Item Settings"
  - "Max Damage/Recovery Amount" of "State Definition > Influence of State Change > Influence on Battles"

The final Max Damage/Recovery is the sum of the Basic Max Damage/Recovery, the Equipment Max Damage/Recovery, and the State Max Damage/Recovery.

- In the asset picker, the properties of the selected resource are now hidden.

--- Bug Fixes ---
[Layout Tool]
- Fixed a bug that caused the cursor to be displaced when using an animation that changes scale when specifying an offset for the cursor.

[Battles]
- Fixed a bug that could cause a rare exception when a monster fought back.

- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the granting message to appear in two separate turns when the states were granted all at once.

- Fixed a bug in which when another state was added to an already granted state, the message for the already granted state was also displayed.

[Events]
- Fixed a bug in the event sheet that prevented movement from being completed when conflicting walks, such as "forward" and "backward," were initiated simultaneously using parallel sheets.
After this version, the last issued walk command will have priority.

- Fixed a bug where when changing the event sheet, walking using the "Movement Pattern" executed in the previous sheet was not immediately interrupted, but moved slightly and/or motion was not reflected.

- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect speech bubble height values for stamps that use "Accurate Collision".

- Fixed a bug where adding a new member to the party while a cast member was in KO state would not update the party train.

- Fixed a bug in the "nth Status in the Party" of the "Advanced Variable Box Operation" event panel that caused an exception when assigning a variable to an index.

[Database]
- Fixed a bug where the options column in Database > Casts > Battle Action AI was getting narrower each time the asset picker was opened.

- Fixed a bug that prevented the Database menu from opening in some cases under certain conditions.

[Map Editor]
- Fixed a bug that caused event collisions that existed on the map specified in the map view (shown with the camera directly above) in the dialog for moving locations, etc., to appear on the map currently being edited.

[Game Engine]
- Fixed a bug in Map Settings > Rendering Settings where the shadow cascade related settings for the map were not being reflected in the game.

- Fixed a bug where repeatedly pressing the jump button while walking would cause the next jump to be made before the player had fully landed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
We will continue our efforts to improve "RPG Developer Bakin"