Save-Point
Dragon - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Creativity Section (https://www.save-point.org/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: Art and Design (https://www.save-point.org/forum-68.html)
+--- Thread: Dragon (/thread-7455.html)

Dragon - Vickarius - 04-09-2019

Hello there!

I was in need of a four-legged dragon for my project, and while there are various pictures that would fit this description around the internet, they weren't exactly what I was seeking.

So I started to work on a version of mine, based around the "099-Monster13" from the RTP. Here it is:

[Image: WB8rQ2v.png]

Tried to use a reptile-like walking, as seen below, but does it seem good?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Any ideas? I've a plan to release this as a resource here as soon as I finish, but please tell me what do you think about it, will ya?

Cheese!

RE: Dragon - DerVVulfman - 04-09-2019

For horizontal shots, perhaps a longer body? Of course, it would require all frames to be wider.

Inquiry: Is this a charset to be shown just in-game, or is it for an ABS-styled system involved in combat?

I;d like to see the resulting animation.

RE: Dragon - Vickarius - 04-09-2019

(04-09-2019, 04:14 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: For horizontal shots, perhaps a longer body?  Of course, it would require all frames to be wider.  

Inquiry:  Is this a charset to be shown just in-game, or is it for an ABS-styled system involved in combat?

I;d like to see the resulting animation.

Oh damn, my first sprite was even shorter!  Happy with a sweat Laughing  

Thanks for your suggestions, Mr. DVV.   Here is a .gif, as per request:  [Image: giphy.webp]

It is funny to watch it without a "floor" for it to walk on...  Tongue sticking out

Answer: I'll probably release it initially as a RTP-like charset, but keep on developing it for my game's battles (combat poses and all).

Cue extra thump thump thump walking sound effects.... and if something like THAT is coming.... RUNNNNNNN!!!!

Laughing Oh, and I added ye classic IMG tags btw. [b](read me)[/i]

Curious if that's the only color or if you plan on variations like the lizard green or others. Winking

(04-09-2019, 04:55 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Cue extra thump thump thump walking sound effects.... and if something like THAT is coming.... RUNNNNNNN!!!!

Laughing  Oh, and I added ye classic IMG tags btw.  [b](read me)[/i]

Curious if that's the only color or if you plan on variations like the lizard green or others. Winking

Talking about ABS poses, what about this one? It's kind of a roar-esque thing.

[Image: 9Ij1fKv.png]

About the tag, it just wasn't appearing on the preview so I decided to cut it out. Thanks. Very cheery

On my old forum, I did various recolors of the "099-Monster13". I'll surely do it again with this one.

I just heard the bellowing roar of Vermisrex Pisorites, the horned backed, lethen winged dragon from Dragonslayer ... ring through my mind.

(04-09-2019, 05:36 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: I just heard the bellowing roar of Vermisrex Pisorites, the horned backed, lethen winged dragon from Dragonslayer ... ring through my mind.

This seems like a VERY good endorsement of my art, I suppose? XD

Well, just tried to change its length. What do you think?

[Image: ESMR9og.png]

I need to make a suitable Thumbs-Up smiley to match ours courtesy of Ejlol.

On a side note, I wonder if the wings too need to be lengthened to go down the back. On the front view shot, they're positively cascading over its frame.

Shocked Oh, wow. I wonder how it would look flying.

(04-09-2019, 06:03 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: I need to make a suitable Thumbs-Up smiley to match ours courtesy of Ejlol.

On a side note, I wonder if the wings too need to be lengthened to go down the back.  On the front view shot, they're positively cascading over its frame.

Shocked Oh, wow.  I wonder how it would look flying.

The fault for the wings size is partly on the RTP, because the difference between up-down and left-right is very noticeable on the dragon - but a change is feasible.

Flying would probably be similar, but just a lazy one. I take you'd like a sample...  Grinning

[Image: m9JdPPi.png]