Save-Point
HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Tools (https://www.save-point.org/forum-42.html)
+--- Thread: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable (/thread-7370.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - Melana - 12-11-2019

I run my game in 1088x608 with 60fps and never had any performance issue even on huge maps with tons of events and even light effects and dynamic sounds and other parallel process things.

The only thing HiddenChest seems to have problems with, are menus that load or permamently update too much stuff at once especially when it comes to alot of text like long item lists for example.

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-12-2019

HiddenChest Now Include
a Few Brand New Features

version 1.1.42

Now you can use methods like...
  • Sprite.set_xy(x, y)
  • All binaries for Windows and Linux might start in fullscreen mode if their resolution matches your OS's.
Note: Before this update I had only seen Windows binaries open in fullscreen mode on their own.

Keep in mind that Window.set_xy(x, y) also exists so take advantage of it.

There were some other minor changes in the main code. Besides I have included a new resolution just for our dreaming girl to test it any time soon. Laughing

Happy Dreams with Custom Screen Resolution!? Confused

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-13-2019

Some Hidden Secret Has Been Revealed!
Shocked

Since version 1.1.43 you can enjoy the pleasure or displeasure Laughing of getting a bold font outline feature! Shocked 

You don't believe me!? Happy with a sweat Fine, I guess you need to get some proof of it first... Confused

So what do you think about my screenies? Laughing 

[Image: hiddenchest03.jpg][Image: hiddenchest04.jpg]

Now we're talking for sure! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

The New Methods
  • Font#outline_size and Font#outline_size=
  • Font#no_squeeze and Font#no_squeeze=
Font# implies you need a working copy of the Font class to access it. This means you need something like:

Code:
@sprite.bitmap.font.outline_size = 4

to set its outline border size. Valid range of values: 1 through 8 only

no_squeeze means you don't want it to squeeze a text if it's larger than expected.
Default value: false (Squeeze!!)

Happy Bold Virtual Handwritting!Laughing

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - DerVVulfman - 12-13-2019

If you wanna add outline thickness, how about shadow depth and shadow color ? ^_^

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-13-2019

Some Furry Wish Has Been Granted!
Shocked

Since version 1.1.44 you can enjoy the pleasure or displeasure Laughing of getting colored shadows in your texts! Shocked

The New Methods
  • Font#shadow_color and Font#shadow_color=
  • Font#shadow_size and Font#shadow_size=

Font# implies you need a working copy of the Font class to access it. This means you need something like:

Code:
@sprite.bitmap.font.shadow_size = 2

to set its shadow size. Valid range of values: 1 through 3 only.

Note: I had to dish the original font shadow implementation because it sucked! Laughing + Tongue sticking out It looked quite ugly and squarish.

Happy Shadowy Handwritting!Laughing

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-24-2019

Modifying the Way Your Shadow Follows You!
Shocked

Well, after reading the only opinion I could find on the shadow feature modifications here on the board, I preferred to stop bleeding the shadows by making them solid (not blended) from the very beginning. Here you can check out the curious results!

[Image: hiddenchest06.jpg]
[Image: hiddenchest07.jpg]
[Image: hiddenchest08.jpg]
[Image: hiddenchest09.jpg]

So what do you think about my shadows now? Confused
Do you think the fourth screenshot provides useful information for the average user? Confused
Note: The warning is only available on Linux distros... Sweat

Say no and I'll bite you for sure! Laughing

By the way, the last screen will only show up if you just run HiddenChest engine whenever the current path is not your game root directory. Laughing

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-24-2019

Sharing Objects For Free
Shocked

From now on *Ubuntu distros and Fedora 31 depend on a separate library better known as shared object SO on Linux. That reduced the executable's file size... Sarcasm just a little bit. It still runs fast so everything seems to be fine here. The new shared object is called libhiddenchest.so and it got to be installed in your distro's default library path. It contains pretty much all of the RGSS components plus every single addition I have been offering you from the very beginning.

The engine has reached the 1.1.46 milestone already by the way! Shocked

I am not sure whether or not it will be easy to do the same for Windows builds... Confused

By the way, since the previous version you can call the following method to change your font shadow's appearance:

Code:
@sprite = Sprite.new
@sprite.bitmap = Bitmap.new(400, 28)
font = @sprite.bitmap.font
font.shadow = true
font.shadow_size = 1 # up to 8
font.shadow_mode = 0 # 1 or 2
@sprite.bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, 400, 24, "Sample text", 1)

Warning! Shocked You should not mix shadow and outline font effects! Happy with a sweat

Concerning the outline effect, in Fedora it can be translucent because of SDL2_ttf version 2.0.15 IIRC. I do not know why the Ubuntu team prefers to keep older packages... Confused

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-26-2019

A Local lib Directory
+ Some Function Removal
+ Splash Screen Improvements

Now on Linux distros you can load libhiddenchest.so library locally or by following the default system libraries path(s)! Shocked

HiddenChest engine's splash screen is now supported on all available platforms! Grinning

[Image: screenshot-2019-12-25-22h18m06s.jpg]

Currently it does show you some of the most basic error messages in an interesting way IMHO... Happy with a sweat

For compatibility and stability I just had to remove a weird function found in its parent project mkxp. I'm talking about a engine specific puts method. To be honest there is no real need to reimplement Ruby's puts at all... Indifferent

Windows builds do not sport any separate HiddenChest DLL so you won't ever find one there.

By the way, by pressing a button or clicking on the left button you can save a screenshot of this splash screen.

Happy Game Testing on Christmas! Laughing

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - kyonides - 12-28-2019

Changes that Might Show up in HiddenChest Engine Any Time Soon
Grinning

Fedora was the only one that could offer you translucent font outlines... but now even *Ubuntu can do that as well! Shocked

[Image: screenshot-2019-12-27-23h55m41s.jpg]
[Image: screenshot-2019-12-27-23h55m45s.jpg]
[Image: screenshot-2019-12-27-23h55m54s.jpg]

List of Changes
  • Translucent font outlines available on *Ubuntu and Fedora Linux distros
    - I don't know why it doesn't show up on Windows... Confused
  • Included Point class
    - Just in case I implement some sort of Bezier curve algorhythm some day to let you draw curves Happy with a sweat
  • Splash or Error screens with built-in error logger
    - It will create a file namely error.log in your project's root directory Winking

This is the Main script I'm using here...

Code:
begin
  Graphics.freeze
  $scene = Scene_Title.new
  while $scene != nil
    $scene.main
  end
  Graphics.transition(20)
rescue
  Scripts.log
end

Got any ideas? Got ANY suggestions? Happy with a sweat

Please take in consideration that I'm the only one developing this engine. Indifferent

RE: HiddenChest RGSS Player Executable - DerVVulfman - 12-29-2019

Allow Outline + Shadow, obviously allowing Outline to be rendered after the shadow-text code.