Save-Point
Windows 10 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Official Area (https://www.save-point.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tech Talk (https://www.save-point.org/forum-87.html)
+--- Thread: Windows 10 (/thread-5553.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Windows 10 - MetalRenard - 09-13-2015

I couldn't live with a cap. I can use 250gb in two days! (yep, not exaggerating either, music software and sound files in general are biiig.)

Now I'm looking into antiviruses. Which are you using with Windows 10? I've chosen Avira (free) for the time being but it does a few things that really piss me off such as reminders to restart my laptop every 4 hours if it gets updated. I'm working on crushing that...

RE: Windows 10 - DerVVulfman - 09-13-2015

Seriously? Avast can be set to do update checks on the signatures (defaulted to every 2 hours). But I don't have to reset it after that!

*Methinks we might wanna have an 'Antivirus thread' ... or maybe a General Software board too (Browsers, OS, AntiVirus...). PM me on that if ya wanna talk on that.

RE: Windows 10 - guarionex - 09-13-2015

I'm using bitdefender internet security 2016. It was on sale on newegg.com for $9 and it was good for 3pcs and 3yrs so I got me a license. I've used everything from McAfee, Norton, avast, avg, avira, comodo, . . . and in the end I stood with bitdefender. as far a thread or board for this topic, I'm ok with it but there should be some ground rules.

RE: Windows 10 - guarionex - 09-14-2015

Adding more to the updates failing to install. I managed to fix the problem. I launched the windows update application as an admin, that took care of the problem. Sill, this is just a workaround and a real solution must be found. Windows should update through any account unless if they are disabled by the admin and thats not the case with my current setup.

RE: Windows 10 - guarionex - 09-17-2015

And Win10 is back at it with updates failing

[Image: 33w8h8z.jpg]

Im glad I didnt have to purchase the upgrade or I wouldve bee making hell with Microsoft support.

RE: Windows 10 - DerVVulfman - 09-17-2015

Now I'm glad my PC crashed before Windows 10 came out. Tongue sticking out I'm a gonna wait fill 10.1 or something.

I'm wondering if part of the issue is that I'm using a custom build pc and not an OEM one. I know it sounds weird but vendors get to test the OS with their builds and manufacturers supply the drivers and maybe just maybe this is causing issues with the deployment of updates. Or maybe Win 10 things its installed on an illegal/pirated rig and makes the update fail I just don't get it . . . . yet

I'll stop speculating

I should make a crappy blog in a crappy free host with an awful sub domain and post all my findings. Of course if I do that every single blog post I do will make it straight to the new internet board.

RE: Windows 10 - MetalRenard - 09-18-2015

Urgh that's a pain. My main work PC for music etc is custom built by yours truly too. Having said that, I'm not letting Windows 10 near it until the last minute when it won't be free any more, and that's only if between now and then I see some serious improvements.

RE: Windows 10 - guarionex - 09-19-2015

I will be doing some tests tomorrow and see if I can narrow it down.