Save-Point
School of Magics - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming Projects (https://www.save-point.org/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: School of Magics (/thread-4872.html)

Pages: 1 2

School of Magics - KDC - 10-03-2013

School of Magics

I want to thank my latest odd dream for this...

School of magics is a universe which crosses over all universes, sort of.... Unlike regular schools, each student is limited to a few rights, example - if the student has the right to love, they can love. Of course, if the student disregards their limited rights and does something else, other than those rights, then they get marked and will only be able to go to and from their dorm room. (excuse my sentences, I'm a very complicated person sometimes.)

-Characters-
Ben -

A typical person in a non-ordinary school. Ben would call situations like this as "A mistake". Personal quotes aside, he is really handy with a gun.
(More characters later on)

-Features-
- 2-D and (sort of) 3-D maps.
- 3 (semester-Split) years.
- (Sort of) 3-D cut scenes.

(Updates later on. I just started this and took small time of it offline.)

RE: School of Magics - yamina-chan - 10-04-2013

*raises hand to ask some question*
Even if you don't have the answer, at the very least this will get you thinking about the answers Xb

How is it specified, who has which rights? Is it random, or is it specifically beeing decided for everyone? If so, who decides? Or how?
Does everyone have the same amount of rights, or do some have more then others?
What is the purpose of only having limited rights/what is the (official) use?
How is the following and not disobaying checked? By people or by magic?
How soon/drastic is the notification when someone breakes their set of rules? Take your example of having the right to love: Is it a dissobeyance the moment you fall in love, the moment you speak about it, the moment someone notices you are in love or the moment you take some form of action based on love?
Who is teaching the magic and what type of magic is it?
How do you get to the school? / How do you get to go to the school?
Is there an age-/timelimit?

*more questions may be asked as this progesses*
Spend a moment or two thinking about the questions you don't know the answers for just yet Xb

RE: School of Magics - Ahzoh - 10-04-2013

what if the person doesn't have the right to live?

also yamina-chan, I think I should correct you on a few spelling mistakes; disobaying should be spelt disobeying and dissobeyance should be (dis)obedience. just helpn'

RE: School of Magics - yamina-chan - 10-04-2013

The right to live, huh? Sounds drastic XD
And sure, correct any mistakes you may find. A) English is not my first language and B) it was about 3am my time when I wrote that, so it is quite likely that I didn't spell everything right XD

RE: School of Magics - KDC - 10-16-2013

(10-04-2013, 01:53 AM)yamina-chan Wrote: *raises hand to ask some question*
Even if you don't have the answer, at the very least this will get you thinking about the answers Xb

How is it specified, who has which rights? Is it random, or is it specifically beeing decided for everyone? If so, who decides? Or how?
Does everyone have the same amount of rights, or do some have more then others?
What is the purpose of only having limited rights/what is the (official) use?
How is the following and not disobaying checked? By people or by magic?
How soon/drastic is the notification when someone breakes their set of rules? Take your example of having the right to love: Is it a dissobeyance the moment you fall in love, the moment you speak about it, the moment someone notices you are in love or the moment you take some form of action based on love?
Who is teaching the magic and what type of magic is it?
How do you get to the school? / How do you get to go to the school?
Is there an age-/timelimit?

*more questions may be asked as this progesses*
Spend a moment or two thinking about the questions you don't know the answers for just yet Xb
I'm not very descriptive, but here goes....
-In game, every student has a different amount of rights. When the students, in game, enrolled in the school, they are assigned specific rights, by random. However the character you play, Ben, has an exception to that rule.
-Some have more than others.
-I don't know what the purpose is... yet... But I believe that the purpose is to keep everything in the school, in game, under control.
-The following and not disobeying is checked by both.
-Based on the love example, It's a disobedience if you take some form of action based on love.
- Various teachers teach various types of magic. For example, A magician will teach magic tricks.
- That's the convenient part.
- There's no age limit.

Quote: what if the person doesn't have the right to live?
That would be a rare case of, "Why can't I live?". But... the person would be in trouble, and would always get an "F" in their whole year. Not having the right to live is a seriously rare case.

I hope this answers some or most of your questions

RE: School of Magics - Ahzoh - 10-16-2013

There are only 50 odd human right listed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; at least a good portion of them involve not being killed, not being tortured, not raped/sexually assualted, etc. etc.

Say you give the students only 8 rights? Still 42 they're lacking... This is indeed a weird school...

RE: School of Magics - yamina-chan - 10-17-2013

Well, all I can say is that I am curious what you will make out of this basic idea.
It sounds like an interesting concept, and if done well it could become quite intersting.
Especially since "You have only these rights" is much harder to specify then "This is forbidden to you".

RE: School of Magics - KDC - 12-23-2013

Bump!

Sadly, My laptop died, and my charger stopped working. So.... the project is on pause until the laptop is charged, and has a new charger.

RE: School of Magics - KDC - 12-31-2014

Hello, everyone :) I'm back and got my laptop working again, with a new charger, which means that this project is back in development. :)

RE: School of Magics - yamina-chan - 12-31-2014

That is good =D