Save-Point
MetalRenard starts doodling... - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Creativity Section (https://www.save-point.org/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: Art and Design (https://www.save-point.org/forum-68.html)
+--- Thread: MetalRenard starts doodling... (/thread-4532.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - yamina-chan - 02-13-2013

Well...I try to be XD
If I actually am or not I can not say.

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - millarso - 02-15-2013

Mark Crilley? Does he have videos up on Youtube or anything? I've been looking for a good style to apprentice under, but I haven't made up my mind yet.
Also, I just meant what kind of pencil (graphite, charcoal, etc.), but I'm guessing just a regular pencil. Looks pretty good. You should try inking over it or scanning it onto a computer and cel-shading it. I wonder how it would turn out.

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - MetalRenard - 02-15-2013

Oh yeah, it was just a random HB pencil that was laying around the place. On the other hand that's proper sketching paper that's REALLY nice to draw on. 130g if I remember correctly.
Mark Crilley has tons of videos for art, yeah.

Aaand I'm planning on getting a Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet so I'm not going to bother scanning that image. :)

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - yamina-chan - 02-15-2013

If you're going to use a tablet (by the way: good choice on the type there), have yeou decided yout what graphic program you're going to use?

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - MetalRenard - 02-15-2013

I'm going to just use Gimp for now.

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - yamina-chan - 02-15-2013

That's what I would have suggested had you named anything else =D
Gimp is really all you need, 9 times out of 10 ^^
At least in my experience it is.

Photoshop is overrated once you get used to GIMP (imo), although I can't exactly speak for the newest versions of Photoshop. And a graphics tablet, eh? Good for you, I always thought that would be cool to have.
I might have to watch some of Mark's videos because your product seemed to turn out pretty good.

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - RosyPosy - 02-15-2013

(02-15-2013, 08:46 PM)millarso Wrote: Photoshop is overrated once you get used to GIMP (imo), although I can't exactly speak for the newest versions of Photoshop. And a graphics tablet, eh? Good for you, I always thought that would be cool to have.
I might have to watch some of Mark's videos because your product seemed to turn out pretty good.
I agree, GIMP has never really failed me. The learning curve isnt that steep/

I think it's a little tougher for those who haven't dabbled too deeply in graphics software, but not enough to discredit it. It comes pretty smoothly once you dig in a little bit

RE: MetalRenard starts doodling... - MetalRenard - 02-16-2013

I've been using Gimp for editing and artistic effects for a few years already so I'm familiar with it. :)