Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 03-29-2016

The swings do look better in the newest pic.

Also, it's amazing that such a big tileset doesn't cause problem with the editor.  

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-29-2016

i only question myself when there's a problem.

a scenic place to science

[Image: 8IMjkVM.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 03-31-2016

Oookay. I didn't expect to see a telecommunication dish like that. That guy REALLY doesn't want to miss his soaps.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 03-31-2016

Now sure how I feel about that bridge. It doesnt look very real to me and likely because it just looks too flat.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 03-31-2016

I agree with Ahzoh. There's something noticeable off about that bridge.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-31-2016

it's going to be a grated roadway like this as soon as i get around to drawing it. The ravine and creek were drawn far after the road was drawn. the road was just there as a placeholder as well. this map has really populated itself along the way.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - kyonides - 03-31-2016

You don't understand, that dish belongs to NSA and it's collecting all of your data currently available online! I guess that alien mantis is processing all that data for them while keeping a hidden backup for personal (or should I say "insect") use. That fake road or bridge is just a humble diversion to make you forget about its espionage activities.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 04-01-2016

and do not even think about thinking about the hooded figures seen entering and exiting the dog park. do not think about the giant obsidian columns that line the perimeter of the dog park, or else you may find yourself visited by the sheriff's secret police.

Screenshot Saturday screenshot for /r/rpgmaker

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-05-2016

@KasperKalamity : I really like what you've done so far. My favorite pieces are the ice machine and those pine trees. Somebody already mentioned the bridge; I don't know if you've changed it but it still looks kind of off to me. Glad to see you still working on all of it though, it looks awesome.

-

I really, really can't stand doing interiors for some reason, they just get on my nerves. I try to get super detailed but they always look stupid to me. Anyways, enough ranting.

Below is a really old interior VS a brand new interior, just for comparison sake.

Old House Interior
Very old interior from 2011. No C&C on this one please, I've just posted it here to compare to the newer map. Yeah, I know, it's pretty retarded to put the bed in the living room behind the couch as it provides no privacy for sexy time lol.

[Image: House%20IN_zpsv6clxwbz.png]

New House Interior
And here is the brand new one I just did from scratch, I'm still waiting for the pixels to dry.

[Image: House%20In%202_zpsf5l0lmfd.png]

I'm not worried too much about the minor mapping errors, but C&C and suggestions welcome on the actual tile set itself. I know it's still kind of boring but I'll eventually have more furniture, paintings, kitchen, bathroom, actual windows, etc. I'm not fond of the kitchen from the old map so that, without a doubt, is getting redone from scratch.

The 'ceiling' auto-tile is kind of boring so I'm debating on bringing back the exposed foundation from the previous screen shot where you can see the wood that holds the walls together. Maybe. Unless people think it looks dumb. What do you think?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-07-2016

Added some new (and a couple old but re-imaged) objects to the tile set. Kitchen stuff is being re-worked, made new fridge and cabinets, bathtub with shower rod, etc. Most stuff isn't pictured in this particular screen shot, but most likely in the future I'll have a new house map with a more detailed and vivid living space.

[Image: House%20In%202_zpsx3vk3pyj.png]

But here is a minor update. Light switches, plug for the television, windows now have blinds, there is a 2nd couch in the bedroom, walls now have white matching wood plank thingies. It isn't much more exciting but at least it shows effort. Sorry the news guy on the TV is missing, but I did update the shading on the actual television set itself.

Minor update

Only thing that is honestly new is that patterned throw rug; it's an auto-tile and it was subconsciously inspired by the Save-Point theme, oddly enough. The walls and crown molding were recolored to red and purple, respectively, because I was sick of staring at blue and white. Yeah, still got the same dingy old carpet, I can almost get a whiff of it through the screen, its time for those people to replace it.

[Image: House%20In%202_zpskbomnonc.png]

Color count : 146 but that's just on the screen shot. I'm sure there are a lot of similar colors I can consolidate, I'm challenging myself to stay under 256. Unified a few colors on the floor tiles (not like anybody would notice or care, which is kind of the point.) The grey shadows emitted from the table and the couch probably added at least 12 or so colors.

End of rambling lol