Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 08-08-2009

[Image: screenie_10.png]

[Image: screenie_14.png]

[Image: screenie_4.png]

[Image: screenie_8.png]

Title Screen:
[Image: Title-2.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 08-09-2009

Wow, I usually cringe at vx maps, but those are actually appealing. I think it's because the squarishness doesn't seem like that much of a problem when it's used indoors and in the setting you are using (which I am assuming is kind of futuristic). And as usual you impress me with a title screen.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 08-10-2009

Thanks!
its as scifi as it can get.

Maps and screenshots thread - Jacen - 08-11-2009

wow computerwizoo7, I hate VX as a general rule but they are some nice screens you have there. Is that tileset custom made?

Here are a few screens from my project that I will post here shortly:

[Image: NewSkin.jpg]

[Image: Battle_New2.jpg]

[Image: Council3.jpg]

Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 08-12-2009

Hey, I recognize that dryad battler. Looks like you refined it since I last downloaded it... like what... 2 years ago?

Maps and screenshots thread - Jacen - 08-12-2009

Haha yeah there has been a lot of changes since you last played it. Its more or less a completely different game these days. I will post the project thread in the projects section and you can download the demo and see for yourself.

You are credited in the demos closing credits as well of course Cheery

Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 08-12-2009

Can't wait to see if you start up a 'battlers' thread again. I miss having a link to your battlers in my AnimBat thread.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 08-12-2009

yes, but it has a few of the rtp and help from a friend that i liked and matched up for the scifi theme.

[Image: screen-2.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - mudducky - 08-17-2009

@Charlie Fleed videos I said this in your video comments section already, but a dungeon generator for XP sounds amazing and really helpful.

@PK8 Strings! XD What do strings do? Sounds interesting.

@Charlie Fleed Wow. I really like the cartoony feel on that map. Everything looks like it fits well. It really attracts my attention. I'm not sure if the RTP set will match with the map though.

@PK8 :P The windowbase looks neat and tidy. So the finished script should turn out good.

@MasterSion I really like the style! It feels all dark and gloomy. The faceset and text looks much more professional than what XP starts you off with. Like the little light effect on the lamp too. Adds to the dark scene.

@Wyatt The flags on the roof look a little strange to me. Other than that it looks good. I like the fog effect you use in the 2nd map. Makes it look all steamy and ghastly.

@computerwizoo7 Wow. Really futuristic. Those are probably the best VX futuristic maps I’ve seen so far actually. And that title screen is really attracting.

@Jacen Like the light effects on the forest map. I can never work out how to get those! XD If it’s possible could you send me the image so I can try and see how thee picture light effects work, unless it’s specifically made for your project. :P

I like your windowbase box it gives off a sort of clam feel to your game. The font your using in the battle scene does that too. Great mapping.

@computerwizoo7 I think those light effects are a little too bright, but I like the map and the detail. The tile mix works together well.

Maps and screenshots thread - Wyatt - 08-17-2009

Screen I posted earlier re-worked following suggestions at another place.

[Image: screen_aug4.png]

Also, early thoughts on battle system.

[Image: screen_aug5.png]