Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-23-2015

Dropping in real quick because I made some progress :)

[Image: DBSystem_zps3bw5zzcn.png]

Pictured : Not RM ;) ...Maybe EB should hire me for the next 'Maker? XD

I need more page room for category lists and a couple other things that didn't get included, so I'll either be increasing the page size or making this tabbed, not sure yet. As you can see, the Notes tab doubles as a "New Game" call script, just add code tags.

Kain out d:o

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 06-23-2015

It does look a teensy bit cluttered, so tabbing it could be a benefit.

As for nitpicks, the headers in Window Skin Settings appear misaligned compared to the sound setting headings, the music settings should be aligned with the sound setting dropdowns, and personally I would only show the sound's filename (sans quote marks) as it might appear cleaner.

Maybe this is why some even minor options require scripting, as it cleans up the UI. I do like that notebox feature idea though, that would make quick testing of things easier. (I sure hope that notebox scrolls.)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-24-2015

Yes, the Notes box itself is tiny, but it scrolls vertically and horizontally so you can pretty much write whatever you want in it. I use it to initialize a New Game inventory and write my groceries list. The nitpicks are noted, I'll definitely clean it up some more! Also, I'm planning on starting the 2nd tab tonight or tomorrow, I'll post more about it in the official ReGaL threads later in the week.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 06-27-2015

[Image: glossary01.png]

VXAce was really annoying about window contents when doing this, so I kinda fudged it in the end. What I'm kinda proud of though is that I followed RM's data structure (re: RPG Module) to store glossary content. I then load an external rb file with that information and save it to an rvdata2 file containing the Glossary object. > w>

I probably don't need to be that complicated, but editing the information in Notepad++ is a good deal easier than RM's Script Editor given the amount of text I'm working with.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 06-28-2015

Niiiice!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-30-2015

New shop menu.

[Image: scene_shop_zpsoo0j4m0i.png]

Almost mostly working but still wiring a few things up. The refresh methods on these windows are chaotic so I've had to delegate much of the drawing to cache bitmaps, pasting them onto the window and writing the info over them. With the caching method, I'm averaging 48 FPS while scrolling through items. Without it, it's usually 6 FPS average.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - kyonides - 06-30-2015

[sidenote]
That's curious! Not the first script that could include taxes into the final price calculation but it's not your old boring default system, so it's different. There was a time i published a simple script that included taxes and people on other boards started yelling at me because they didn't want to pay taxes in virtual life. I was interested in doing something with it but people didn't like it and didn't include it in their projects. Not that I should care about it but it made me forget about it. I guess I needed to show it as just another component of many available on the game to get a better response from the players / game devs.
[/sidenote]

What about adding an exchange items tab?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 06-30-2015

People complaining about sales tax in a script? That's outrageous! lol

Really though, the whole 'sales tax' thing fits in nicely with my game's actual theme; modern era world where the money is becoming more and more worthless by the day. One day you can buy bread for $1.00, the next it costs you a billion. You go on the black market, tax is 0% and suddenly you can buy an assault rifle, a potion and a can of beans for a more acceptable price.

You'll have to elaborate on what an 'Exchange Items' tab does... bartering? It is on the back of my mind at the moment, but I've yet to figure out the mechanics of how it would work. I'll put some more thought towards it because it does sound cool. Maybe I could make sell item prices changable like buy item prices are and work the system like that? All the food you've collected is worth tons of money, they'll gladly sell you their weapons for next to nothing since they're paying top dollar for pie and various meats. Cockatrice leg and Griffon thighs, anyone? :)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 07-01-2015

I've now got 100% full and total control over my shop system! Independent from the database, in shops I can now...
  • Set individual buy / sell prices.
  • Disable or enable any item from being bought and/or sold at any time.
  • Set taxes directly or accordingly to a $game variable.
  • Log accumulated cost of purchases throughout the game.
  • Log accumulated profits from sales throughout the game.
  • Set any item, armor or weapon max below or beyond 99.
  • Display discounts such as Haggle, Sell High, Military Discount, Senior Coffee Discount, etc.

Oh? Maps and screenshots thread? I guess that means...

[Image: scene_shop_zpsahqymbfp.png]

Slight updates, but mostly behind the scenes.

Menu text colors, header and background gradients, etc take directly from a designated palette section within the window skin graphics now. That means window skin "Black + Red" has a different set of colors from "Classic", such as the system_color, normal_color, etc. You can see what I'm talking about with another screenshot :)

[Image: scene_shop2_zpsuknxrzbo.png]

^I think setting header, background and text colors via a designated palette section within the window skin graphic is far more reliable than setting it arbitrarily in some script somewhere. A default normal_color of 100% white would be awful for a white window skin. (Then again, I'd like to see somebody make a white window skin actually look good...)

*Whew* Now I've got the rest of the menu scenes to do for an 800x600 game. I'm absolutely pleased with how this one turned out though (if you can't tell).

:D

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 07-04-2015

Main menu done d:o

[Image: scene_menu_zps7dbguqvm.png]

The extra screen real estate gave me room for a location bar. The rest of the menu looks totally original now, amirite? AMIRITE?! :D

I'll probably be working on the HD remix of Item or Skill next.