Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 04-21-2014

Taylor: I agree, it's an interesting mechanic to have in a game (different person scanning = different information) but MechanicalPen's question is a good one, how will you stop it from being redundant? Maybe some characters have more knowledge of certain types of enemies or enemies from an area they are more familiar with. That way you'd have to designate a different person to scan depending on situation and it would be a much more important game feature. :)

JayRay, sexy sig, pal. I like the screenie, the colours work well together and the book shelves etc are nice. (basically I like the aesthetics)
Deep lore/political systems are always a nice bonus too, in terms of player immersion.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 04-21-2014

I'd just make every non-ranged attack count as a scan. Then the scan data depends on party composition more so than "whose turn should I waste this battle?"

JayRay: that cursive font is a bit hard to read when it's not being used as a title header thing. Is there a less curly one you could use for the "Gender, Race, GClass" sections?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 04-21-2014

I would gather it is only hard to read because his image is being twice scaled down. The forum is scaling it 70% (720 x 540 down to 500 x 375) and he in fact scaled it before posting 70% (from a native 1024 X 768). It is now less than 50% of it's original size. Pretty clear for that. You should see Sid Meyer's Pirates (the updated remake of his 80's game), as it had a similar font style.

Oh, AND I'd make scanning a very VERY costly skill, and limit Metia being around so much. Should be kept a mystery or hard to scan... (chance to NOT succeed).

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 04-22-2014

yeah, actual image is not 720x540... is 1024x768... I just am posting the images to facebook to ensure a standard format for all my screenshots from here on out.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 04-26-2014

Re-drafting the look of the ATB system. *Gets out his WIP*

[Image: ATB2_zps8a2fbf6c.png]

Technical Details & Further Plans

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Talesdreamer - 04-26-2014

The HUD is pretty nice, but I'd move the bars a little... They're too near to the edges of the screen.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 04-29-2014

Roguehaven is always undergoing changes... but this is now the character select screen...

[Image: choosedestinypalette_zps6af72584.png]

(Right click and view image to see in full size)

As you can see, up to 10 pre-main storylines are available, 5 of which must be unlocked to proceed with the main story. Depending on the five (or more if you want) storylines you choose, you may be able to unlock the other character storylines, and complete those to have those characters available in the final quest in The Saga of The Shadow Thrones main storyline quest...

I have my game setup so that all the items and money accrued during each person's quest will be added to the final totals for your beginning funds in the main quest.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 04-30-2014

Isometric maps are in the works....

.png   HoverTiles.png (Size: 9.19 KB / Downloads: 17)

Notice any unusual catwalks on the screen? Winking That is not a parallax map. You can walk on top of and underneath these suckers!

And that red tile on the right? It floats up and down for you to ride.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 04-30-2014

That is a trip to look at, has me wondering what it would be like with proper textures applied.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 04-30-2014

I am considering maps with impossible geometries...