Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-06-2014

Thanks Steel. Eventually, I want rock borders, cliffs, caps, and such to make it look more natural, but I decided to go with texture paint blobs on tilesets for six major tile types per landform at 1,2,3, and 4 tilewidths. This will matchup well with the whole 128x128 supertiles.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 02-07-2014

[Image: OP67B4o.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-07-2014

That map... Some kind of otherworldly forest path perhaps?

that's an updated shot of what the boss' lair looks like. [original]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-07-2014

Looks pretty neat in any case.

the floor is an animated autotile

[Image: movingfloor_zps7219a1bd.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-13-2014

KasperKalamity: Looks pretty psychadelic, is there a way we can see it in a bigger screenshot? looks kinda blurred...

Okay, so, some of you were kinda miffed that I changed back to RMXP from RMVXA, but in the short time back to RMXP, I've accomplished so much, almost being right back on track. Anyway, wanted to show off a couple of my title screenshots.

[Image: feb12screenshot2.png]

[Image: feb12screenshot4.png]

These two title screens were possible with the use of the Mousie compatible Advanced Title Screen 2.0 by ForeverZer0, so I want to give props to ForeverZer0 - this script ain't real flashy, but does everything I need it to do. Basically, I all my renders and created a montage of them as a 600 tall and something like 1800 wide fog, got away from the animation, and instead decided to have it randomly choose from 29 backgrounds for different regions, and added in my commandbar to the bottom with the normal frills. Looking good so far.

COMING NEXT - Complete Lycan HUD Reskin...

Quote: [Image: feb12screenshot5.png]

I still need to work on the Layer templates for the faces, which is coming along well. I also plan to push the numbers up a little closer to the icons for skills and items. The gold buttons on the right will correspond with Fkeys for common events. (Quest, Map, that sort of thing)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-14-2014

it seems I've hijacked this thread, but want to throw out another screen for feedback

ITEM MENU IS UP!

[Image: feb14screenshot.png]

I ended up adding a few more windows, not liking the fact than when looking over items, you didn't have a quick refresher of who was hurt the most. So, I created a new window that takes the same space of Window_Target called Window_TargetAddon, which acts like a base placeholder of the party until you click on an item. This allows me to choose an item after assessing the party situation quicker and more conveniently.

Also, you'll note that the item menu itself is grid-like (icons are still base) but each icon still has the help window to the bottom of the screen giving the basic info of what each item does. I still have the single and all target cursors, all compatible with Mousie, and looking schweeeeet!

Also, Rather than dealing with hotkey windows popups that simply say the key is activated, I've created 1-touch control, so that by only hovering over an item, you can press the corresponding number, to add it to your hotkey.

FUTURE IMPLEMENTATION may allow you to see the items ON the hotkeybar, from the item screen.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 02-14-2014

i turned the fog opacity down 30 points because you couldn't really see the floor.

[Image: laircloseup_zps4be4f18b.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-14-2014

@JayRay: Can you upload a bigger pic? I'm really straining my eyesight trying to observe the finer detail of that inventory pic.

@Kasper: It's that a baby on the cell?