Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 01-29-2014

Greenhouse that sells you flower seeds to grow plants for synthing

[Image: greenhouse_zpsd41cfc6d.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 01-31-2014

[Image: CI10L4Q.jpg]

poof

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 02-01-2014

That is a nice File Select screen! It reminds me I have to get around to redesigning my game's UI.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-01-2014

(01-29-2014, 06:30 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: Greenhouse that sells you flower seeds to grow plants for synthing

[Image: greenhouse_zpsd41cfc6d.png]
A question: are you going to be able to enter the greenhouse or it is just for show and you'll buy the flower outside?
(02-01-2014, 02:55 AM)MechanicalPen Wrote: That is a nice File Select screen! It reminds me I have to get around to redesigning my game's UI.
I agree. I'm also reminded that I need to find a script that allow me to customize my save screen.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 02-02-2014

i'll put some shelving inside so it's not just an empty building. you buy flowers outside, and plant them in front of your house.

really big screenshot of my magic school town

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-02-2014

[Image: Rougehaven_Screen1XP.png]

So I began porting Roguehaven back over to RMXP this week, taking full advantage of all the awesomeness that a much larger tileset can provide. Larger world maps, combined with an idea for modular tiles (Thanks Kain) and an idea I saw from the Neverwinter Nights game allowed me to create large maps that when bare have sort of a repetitive measure, but when combined with layers of these 'caps' allow a more distinctive and more unique landscape.

Modular tiles work much like autotiles, except instead of dealing with combining tiles on the scale of 32 pixels, you are combining tiles on the scale of 256 tiles. This allows for much larger and more pronounced tiles, and allows me to create tons of texturing layers and ideas on a tileset that MAY be at the most. 256x25600 which is the same as a 3200 x 2048 map (or roughly a 100x64 map size.) However, If I desire, I can make a map of around 300x300 without much more lag. infested with hundreds of events and actions.

Combined with my Biosphere elements from earlier, I really feel that I can create a richly diverse world immersion experience, allowing for a grand array of these texture blocks, static character-style event elements, dynamic backdrops like water, lava, and more. I'd like to get a little more inspiration before I begin, so I may be buying the HD version of Baldur's Gate II and Diablo II just to see what kind of elements they created.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 02-02-2014

turned my wood panel floor tiles into linoleum floor tiles

[Image: linoleum_zpsa24892a1.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 02-03-2014

[Image: Roguehaven_Screen2XP.png]

Screen to show the tile blending techniques I'm going with... I also decided to go with 128x128 for the major tiles instead of 256, which still works, and gives me more room for extra bits. Looking EXACTLY like I wanted it to look, no issues whatsoever yet.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-05-2014

The borders are more defined than in your previous pic, methinks. It doesn't look messy now.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 02-05-2014

[Image: whitehairbrigade_01.png]

WHITE HAIRED BRIGADE GO this is silly