Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 12-15-2013

I hope you don't mind me posting this here and I haven't a map yet, but I thought share to you the details of my Game's constructed nation's cities. This shall give you an overveiw of my nations's geography, and then I shall post map soon.

Capital Cities
Arké-Ř-Any: the capital of the North Regions, it is situated at the base of Gabůke Arkéoskij (Arkéan Mountain). Being that the North Regions are covered in almost daily blizzard, very few travel to the city except in the summers where it is warm.
Kamyd-Ř-Ůƃa: the capital of the South Regions, it is situated to the south-west of the ring of the Ten Cities. The City is also situated in Arkéan's Large Jaščja Desert. It is the pinnacle of all modern civilization, and people from all corners of Séd Astřask travel to trade there.

The Ten Cities of the Desert
In the Arkéan's Jaščja Desert there exists ten cities around in a near the heart of the large desert. These ten cities all circle around what is known as "The Deadzone". This region is extremely hot and dry and mostly devoid of any life, where few plants thrive. Any animals located in the Deadzone would mostly be of the insects known as "Řýmýjo" which could be equated as desert "piranhas" capable of eating you bare.
The region is so dangerous that all travelers and tradesmen have to go through the ring of cities to reach their destination; none would dare risk taking a shortcut across the Deadzone.
Here is a list of cities:
Džymet
Amfůƌat
Ǩasby
Țovat
Ganývja
Ýškym
Ščanýva
Tąba
Zýfůǩ
Idża

Other Settlements: these the are numerous towns and villages that can be found around the large nation of Arkéo.
Nam-Jůda
Ýjyto
Vojydž
And many more...

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 12-15-2013

Not a problem, but remember we also have the "What's up, RMers?" thread over here.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 12-17-2013

swamp 90% completed!

[Image: swampprogress_zpsa386500b.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 12-27-2013

@KasperKalamity :Swamp hills, aye? I really like the idea! Also, it seems you have a height error on the right edge of the map. o.o

-

Working on a new tileset, here's the results so far.

[Image: Tundra2_zps5eacc87d.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 12-27-2013

those are absolutely incredible.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 12-28-2013

@Kain- it's cut off, but it's where two plateaus smush together. it's impassible.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 12-28-2013

by the way, did I mention that Kain is a genius?

New mapshot with new mapping style, minus events...

[Image: screeniedec28-2013.png]

Would you believe this is technically all tilesets? That's right, due to Kain's spur of the moment comment last night, i have developed a new modular mapping system that will alllow me to use combinations of pre-rendered pieces to split maps in fourths. I have decided that each cell (map screen) will be 32x32 allowing the same scrolling and borders. However, that's where everything will be expanding. I also plan to look into the whole idea of tileset switching, so that I can build multiple cells on one Edited map, while still giving the player the feel that he moved from one map to another. This will greatly enhance my ability to have TONS of maps while still staying in the 999 map capacity, and reusing the modular Tileset Pieces allows me to render a dozen corners, a dozen walls, and have literally thousands of possible combinations, per map cell, each referenced by calling those B,C,D, and E tilesets straight from the database with script calls.

this will also keep my monsters CORRALED into one cell so they don't wander. I don't want my Wolf-Laden Giant (Lvl20) running down and bothering me while I'm killing Vexer Lizards. (Lvl 2)

As I am still using the events for all props and buildings for the z-buffer effect, I can have a visually rich world with little impact on filesize.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 01-01-2014

Though a couple in the IRC chatroom laughed that the word 'Endless' appears in the name of my project (prolly because I had an interesting collection of 100+ major systems all working in tandem), I am near to the getting every system working as it should. That being said, I have configured the game's Containers system to work the way I want:

.png   TreeHole.png (Size: 413.97 KB / Downloads: 18)

Here, you see that a hollowed out tree can hold a heckuva lot of stuff. But then again, that's my 'Alisha's Containers' system. The fun part was to get the image used for the party system to 'change' based on the main character's race. AND... tweaking it to look cool rather than ... blah.

The little red ball in the corner will need to change. I'm thinking it ill be a different animatic based on the character's race.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 01-01-2014

I remember this system, looking good! Haha, I see a naked butt between the windows!

"Follow the bouncing ball!"

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 01-03-2014

Has anyone used Momomo's original 'Bestiary' or 'Demon Picture Book'? (The latter being the literal translation)

.png   Rat.png (Size: 123.63 KB / Downloads: 21)
Amazing how it can look with a few tweaks. Very happy + Tongue sticking out

About the only system that MAY come into play would be the 'name entry screen', but I really don't think I need to tweak it this way. Other than that, I guess making all the other 'menu sets'. I've only presented screenshots of menus for two races (the red menus and the blue menus). I have six other menu styles to craft for EACH menu. Glad I kept templates for each menu itself.