Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 11-21-2013

KasperKalamity!!! Those are awesome!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 11-22-2013

(11-20-2013, 05:32 AM)Ahzoh Wrote: I made a basic map of some of my con-countries (they're only 1/10 of the total landmass of the continent, and they are very large)
[Image: newmapoder.png]

This largest nation (looks axe-shaped) is called Arkheo, whereas the nation below it and connected to it is called chanar.
about the middle of Arkheo's "axe head" is considered where the nations equitor is, so around the region and a bit up north more is more arid cimate, whereas going south is more tropical with rainforests... with that said:
where do you think I should put mountains and higher land?

I need an answer please? I'm not a Geo wiz

(11-21-2013, 12:54 PM)Kain_Nobel Wrote: What would a post modern RPG world be without movie posters? o.O

[Image: KN-Cinema_zps94d21053.png]

These were on a random to-do list, believe it or not, plus I was on a art block, so I figured "what the heck, let's do it, as a measure to break down the 4th wall."

I don't actually plan to put 'movies' in the game, these are just set pieces that will go towards a future tileset. Maybe they'll briefly be mentioned in npc dialog, but that's about it. I don't have a proper movie blurb written up for these titles, but I'll leave a rough description...

Arch Nemesis

When bitten by a Rage Wasp (in game enemy), Venita comes down with a nasty disease that causes her schizophrenia. When most normal people are asleep, she breaks into their houses and murders them.

Call the Army : Ghost Warfare IV

Do I really need to explain this one...? o.O

Moonlight

While his girlfriend is sick with pneumonia, Michael gets the hots for a foreign exchange student whom is leaving to her home country in a few days. Not one to pass up an opportunity, he befriends the girl, convincing her to stay the night,

Afterwards, not only does he sparkle in the moon light, but he morphs into a beast that should not be when the full moon comes out...

Coming soon...

The Revengers, Slenderman HD, Last Fantasy : The Demons Within, Game of Crowns and... that's probably about it. Maybe you want your game advertised as a movie poster? What the heck, I'll probably do it if I'm not too busy with something else ;D

can you add my game as a movie/game poster too?

I got a title screen somewhere...

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 11-22-2013

Ahzoh, I can help you with that, fractally...

if you go by the simple spline technique we're looking at either a larg emass attempting to break off from the west, or two masses coming together. I'd like a chance to see what this looks like on a 3d scale and let the height map do its own thing.

[Image: november21screenshot.png]

First I just want to make clear that this still needs some work in the tiling but, yes, you are seeing a fully tiled screenshot with my GUI.

Second, want it known that while the gold isn't listed, my skill bar is up and working, as are my mouse buttons on screen. More screens to come as I take most of my house renders and convert them down into tiles and workable event pieces.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 11-22-2013

I use Inkscape... not sure it's capable of doing that...

[Image: aztexture.jpg]

Oh okay, so calculating geographic dispatnces from shore lines and arc, and the fact that these nations look to use natural features to define their boundaries rather than parallels or meredians, and the position of the island, I generated this for you, maybe it will help you.

(11-22-2013, 07:50 AM)JayRay Wrote: Ahzoh, I can help you with that, fractally...

if you go by the simple spline technique we're looking at either a larg emass attempting to break off from the west, or two masses coming together. I'd like a chance to see what this looks like on a 3d scale and let the height map do its own thing.

[Image: november21screenshot.png]

First I just want to make clear that this still needs some work in the tiling but, yes, you are seeing a fully tiled screenshot with my GUI.

Second, want it known that while the gold isn't listed, my skill bar is up and working, as are my mouse buttons on screen. More screens to come as I take most of my house renders and convert them down into tiles and workable event pieces.
Also, just for note, this is JUST with the first three tilesets, A1 A2 and A3... going to convert my renders down to sprite tiles for A4 A5, with overlay ground stuff for B, and other things for C D and E, will most probably need a lot more tilesets

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-23-2013

@JayRay : Damn, it's looking nice, keep up the good work d:o

@Ahzoh : I could probably come up with something for ya :D

New Cinema 69 poster...

[Image: KN-Cinema_zps7632740d.png]

Flash Freeze

Is he a hero or villain? I can't tell... Seems like it'd be great as one of those winter holiday movies XD

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-23-2013

Before I show you the new posters, these movies were sponsored by...

[Image: KN-Cinema_zpsd44f0f28.png]

When you're not too busy living life, be sure to make a Sandwich Stop and always remember to live fast and eat fast too! Also, if you happen to be on a diet (or are just *special*) be sure to ask about our tofu meat and gluten free soda pop!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 11-23-2013

I swear, as soon as I get my game going, you GOTTA make me a poster too lol

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 11-24-2013

In regards to Jayray's render of my map;
Are the really dark spot the peak of mountains or ditches/rivers?