Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - trexrell - 11-19-2013

(11-18-2013, 01:06 PM)Kain_Nobel Wrote: @JayRay : Overall it's a pretty neat map, but it appears to lack any sort of sprawling desert or mountain ranges. However, there appears to be a lot of snow and forests, so I take it your world must be cold, brutal and unforgiving? D:

La Mesa Rojo

I've gotten back to making tile maps for my project, here is my latest piece of work.

[Image: RedSands_zps41253097.png]

...Oh yeah, and my friend is posted hundreds of yards away, with a high powered rifle and eight years of military training...

[Image: Sniper_in_the_bushes_zps68d3fca6.png]

Don't worry though, this is just a survellience mission, the commander hasn't given permission to engage any targets yet.
This looks really good. I really like the texture on the building.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 11-20-2013

This is only half the town. the entire thing took around an hour, but it absolutely flew by!

[Image: th_marshtoncliffs_zps084e99e9.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ahzoh - 11-20-2013

I made a basic map of some of my con-countries (they're only 1/10 of the total landmass of the continent, and they are very large)
[Image: newmapoder.png]

This largest nation (looks axe-shaped) is called Arkheo, whereas the nation below it and connected to it is called chanar.
about the middle of Arkheo's "axe head" is considered where the nations equitor is, so around the region and a bit up north more is more arid cimate, whereas going south is more tropical with rainforests... with that said:
where do you think I should put mountains and higher land?

i don't plan much ahead of time, so this took two of the shortest hours ever. the houses and trees are buried in snow.

[Image: th_marshtonburied_zps28ec0eab.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 11-20-2013

(11-20-2013, 05:36 PM)KasperKalamity Wrote: i don't plan much ahead of time, so this took two of the shortest hours ever. the houses and trees are buried in snow.

[Image: th_marshtonburied_zps28ec0eab.png]
There's something off about the upper right tree tops.

Aside from that, I can't help but wonder how the inhabitants of the town are doing. Must be very difficult to do daily chores with snow up their necks.

yeah i noticed that and fixed it. when i make big areas, sometimes things don't fit the way i want, and have to do someheavy square select tool assisted rearranging. autotiles are finicky about what's next to them. if they're missing some information, they display the wrong edge. the town got attacked by snowmen who are based in the cave, so the snow is deeper there. across the river, it's snowy, but not too snowy.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 11-20-2013

I see.

Methinks you could also add a house of two seeing how there's a lot of empty space in the village part of the map.

Also: How do you take pics of the whole map? I've been wondering that for a while.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 11-21-2013

whole town

[Image: th_marshtonmap_zps4328a5e3.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-21-2013

What would a post modern RPG world be without movie posters? o.O

[Image: KN-Cinema_zps94d21053.png]

These were on a random to-do list, believe it or not, plus I was on a art block, so I figured "what the heck, let's do it, as a measure to break down the 4th wall."

I don't actually plan to put 'movies' in the game, these are just set pieces that will go towards a future tileset. Maybe they'll briefly be mentioned in npc dialog, but that's about it. I don't have a proper movie blurb written up for these titles, but I'll leave a rough description...

Arch Nemesis

When bitten by a Rage Wasp (in game enemy), Venita comes down with a nasty disease that causes her schizophrenia. When most normal people are asleep, she breaks into their houses and murders them.

Call the Army : Ghost Warfare IV

Do I really need to explain this one...? o.O

Moonlight

While his girlfriend is sick with pneumonia, Michael gets the hots for a foreign exchange student whom is leaving to her home country in a few days. Not one to pass up an opportunity, he befriends the girl, convincing her to stay the night,

Afterwards, not only does he sparkle in the moon light, but he morphs into a beast that should not be when the full moon comes out...

Coming soon...

The Revengers, Slenderman HD, Last Fantasy : The Demons Within, Game of Crowns and... that's probably about it. Maybe you want your game advertised as a movie poster? What the heck, I'll probably do it if I'm not too busy with something else ;D

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 11-21-2013

Those posters are really neat. Reminds of this old RPG 2000 game that did something like that. The movies in question were like demos of other upcoming projects of the developers.

(11-21-2013, 03:16 AM)KasperKalamity Wrote: whole town

[Image: th_marshtonmap_zps4328a5e3.png]
Awesome. That pretty much addressed all the complains I had about it.