Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 11-08-2013

Methinks it looks a bit rough around the edges, so to speak. Aside from that, I like it. The transparency is a very neat detail.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 11-08-2013

The rough edges will dissipate. In actuality, the center transparent area was made that way in the image. I haven't set the whole image's transparency yet. Setting it to a 220 opacity... mebby 200... will soften the edges.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-16-2013

Is it just me, or does it seem like damn near every game features a sniper rifle nowadays?

[Image: Sniper_zps81c826d1.png]

While I'm not developing a first person shooter, per say, my plot still revolves around military and spec op forces, so of course there is going to be some sniping involved! Not only that, but night vision and thermal scope options will be provided to you courtesy of the Miran armed forces ;D

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Pherione - 11-16-2013

don't aim for the head, incalculate wind speed and such :p
Looks swell mate.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 11-18-2013

Okay, this map is big, but if you click on it and choose "View Image" you can see a full map of my world.

[Image: bigworldmap.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-18-2013

@JayRay : Overall it's a pretty neat map, but it appears to lack any sort of sprawling desert or mountain ranges. However, there appears to be a lot of snow and forests, so I take it your world must be cold, brutal and unforgiving? D:

La Mesa Rojo

I've gotten back to making tile maps for my project, here is my latest piece of work.

[Image: RedSands_zps41253097.png]

...Oh yeah, and my friend is posted hundreds of yards away, with a high powered rifle and eight years of military training...

[Image: Sniper_in_the_bushes_zps68d3fca6.png]

Don't worry though, this is just a survellience mission, the commander hasn't given permission to engage any targets yet.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 11-18-2013

Looks pretty neat. The upper right part of the building bothers me but I reckon that's just my symmetrical obssession doing the talking.

This reminds that the lack of Wild West-themed tilesets for RPG Maker XP is truly a crying shame. I've searched and serached to no avail.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 11-18-2013

i set out to draw a new enemy, and ended up coming up with a new town, twisting my world map yet again and thusly making a cape:

[Image: th_suchgeography_zpsf8e25c82.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 11-18-2013

Kain Nobel: Your point is valid, I need to tone down the saturation a bit, and blur out some of those areas in the southwest to create my mountains, and I think I'll turn around and grab some Google Earth lightmaps, and add those texturings to the world as it stands.

Your map on the other hand, is absolutely AWESOME,

Steel Beasts 666: I hear that pioneervalleygames.com may be introducing a wild-west themes set soon. However, maybe Kain will release some of his desert tilesets someday too... Otherwise, adobe and wood should be plentiful in the resources sections, otherwise, maybe once I get over my rendering kick, I can start working on some tilesets in those genres, pixel-wise.

KasperKalamity: I'd like to create a parchment version of that map, think it would be cool to try out...

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 11-19-2013

that pink area is now a map that's 160x120. should i connect it to the blue part on the same map?it's all the same town. on the east side, the buildings are half buried in snow. THAT map is 50x30.

how many events can one map hold? ive been wanting to see what would happen if i tried to make a world out of 500x500 maps and have it totally contiguous.

copied my old town onto the new map, and it should work just fine. this is only the eastern portion.

[Image: th_tocave_zpsc6b80487.png]