Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - Bt255 - 05-11-2009

Thanks. I like your picture by the way. Are you making a mario style game? If so that picture is perfect.

Maps and screenshots thread - PK8 - 05-19-2009

Say, is that for your "not for pussies" project? Sorta looks like it, I think.

Anywho, it's been a while since I've posted a screenshot to my now titled project, Colorship Collision. I was way too busy posting new scripts here. Anyway, I still need to work on the huds, menus, mechanics and tiles of this game. Here's a quick screenshot of the pause screen and new (WIP) hud in action. The image below (well, particularly the hud, map and pause screen) isn't going to reflect the final presentation of the game as they still need tweaking.

[Image: kf0g36.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - MicKo - 05-19-2009

Well, I like it. As you said, the HUD might need a little work, but the bakground and the game logo are guuud, imo.

Here's a "little" something I'm working on :
[Image: skilltree.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 05-19-2009

Woah, Micko, that looks good! Is that evented? Punk, it looks like it's coming along well. Like you said, the HUD is a bit lacking, but overall, I think it looks really good. The logo too.

Maps and screenshots thread - MicKo - 05-19-2009

Nah, it's just a prototype I made, not evented/scripted yet. The green background will be changed when it will be done, by the way. I'm gonna do this with a script, if I can.

Just an information : the left skill tree will be filled with skill points (What I called Expertise Points for my game). I gain one skill point per level. The right skill tree will most likely be for active skills only, with an increased cost of skill points and a limit of... Let's say 2 skills per line. Well, I still have to think about it and to actually make it. I'd also like the player to be able to reset the trees, but this'll come later!

Maps and screenshots thread - Bt255 - 05-20-2009

Punk: Lookin good so far. Keep it up.

MicKo: Really like the design. There are skill tree scripts online but it could be evented too. Your call lol

Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 05-20-2009

Yeah, I do like the layout of the skill tree system. :)

There are actual Skill Tree scripts??? Gonna post a script request. :P

Maps and screenshots thread - Bt255 - 05-20-2009

Haha. I know I've seen one in the past that was a skill tree (Might still have it somewhere.) And there was also SephirothSpawn's Sphere Grid script which is very similar to a skill tree script.

Maps and screenshots thread - MicKo - 05-22-2009

Random map #1 :
Content Hidden

Bwah. Need custom tilesets. ;_;

Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 05-22-2009

Good mapping MicKo, and the skill tree is really cool.
In my personal ranking, tilesets are the last thing to be worried about.
If you've got story and gameplay, with these mapping skills you can make a very good game.