Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 05-12-2013

Some basic AI at work in this short video featuring the first original and fully animated character. Enjoy!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Zackwell - 05-13-2013

Cutscene cutscene!
"Cutscene!"

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 06-20-2013

[Image: battletest05.png]
So here's how basic stages of the battle interface look. But I'm not... really happy with it. The stats are nice and compact (and will have faces like the turn count bar later), but it makes other elements look too... disjointed, free floating like that.

I was wanting to to do something similar to this I guess, but I think it works better with a dynamic camera. Having stats to the right will get in the way of a view of the characters with the side-view system as is... and I feel like moving them over to make room would make things cramped. Just see the NES original FF1.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 06-21-2013

What do the "other elements" do? Maybe you should line them up on the right. Have this nice backwards L-shape. (also I still hate fog.)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 06-22-2013

I think an L-shape would only make sense if there was a hierarchy in the party, for example a leader that is player controlled and two characters that are AI controlled, or allies summoned by a leader who have HP tied to them. Visually, it would indicate a relationship, whereas uniformity has them on equal grounds.

I'm not sure what other elements you are referring to, but if you mean the non-menu/non-help things, the blank squares are a turn-order bar. (They'll... eventually be faces.) The icons move along the screen to indicate who's turn is next. The segments underneath are party member stats, sans indicative graphics.

I'm kinda wondering if I should just go back to my original idea where the stats were in rows like Final Fantasy, and have the menus alongside them. If they could fit at least... I was actually avoiding this in part because it was a layout I swiped from an older project, and that if I wanted to return to that idea I could use it.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 06-22-2013

Yes, I meant move the turn order bars to be vertical on the right side of the screen, and moving down instead whatever way they move now.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-16-2013

Does this look right? I've never made a cliff ledge before, and couldn't really find anything to base it off of.

[Image: th_cliffledge_zps918938f5.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - cosmickitty - 07-16-2013

more or less... i don't think the edges would cut that neatly so I'd make them more jagged... and add more "stuffs" Maybe make it in levels?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MechanicalPen - 07-16-2013

A chunk of rock sticking off a bigger, perfectly flat chunk makes no sense to my brain.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-18-2013

i'll make it a little more jagged then. a theme i try to work into every project is that we all see the world once, and everything that happens has to happen the way it did for "now" to be the "now" that it is.

this is a panorama i put together from some hubble deep field images, and a nebula whose name i can't remember. the program can use it, and it hardly scrolls at all on the map i'm using it for.

[Image: th_panarama_zpsd7cfffb4.png]