Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 11-19-2012

what do you mean by pixel art? it's done in adobe illustrator. once it's done, i'm going to release the tileset in 720p

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 12-10-2012

dodododododo... another screen bites the shot:

[Image: mansionbackdoor.png]

is it just the season, or is everybody slacking as much as it seems?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 12-10-2012

Hm. I guess that's a balcony level with a rail you can look down to the first floor? Maybe some shade on the lower floor as the light from the upper floor and staircases is blocked?

Oh, and yeah.... December is usually slow. X-Mas shopping and stuff happens. I've noticed it for 5 years. Happens during Graduation and just before Summer Vacation.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 12-10-2012

i'm getting rid of the rail, and am just going to assume it's an upstairs hallway. i'll probably draw some new tiles to make it look like an art gallery is set up there. in that scene, it's nighttime, so there's artificial light coming from everywhere, the walls are magically bioluminescent or something. if somebody makes a comment about something that will lead to more work, i just make magical excuses.... they'll all eventually come unraveled though, like how it's really a film of mashed up light-sprite guts or something...

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 12-15-2012

I'd combine a few things like that screenie if I only had dropdown menus there. SOMEONE... figured out how a while back. I wonder who she was. Winking

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Taylor - 12-15-2012

... yes that is a good forum design.

I mean really, it's much less complicated and I assume removes a lot of needless things. The current themes feel too busy due to needless clutter. If I was to make any suggestion, the drop down menus could be horizontal and go under the main buttons + search bar in that gap.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 12-29-2012

Cool design, Olivia. :)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-26-2013

[Image: village_zpsce652159.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 03-26-2013

Compared to those living in the valley... they may not have any working elevators, but they must have one HELLUVA view.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 03-26-2013

it's at the base of a waterfall where a delta used to be. (still a work in progress) the tribe in the huts dried up the river at its source so they could farm and hunt in the fertile valley it left behind. they live in the swamp, and also in the sides of the cliff much like the Pueblo Indians.

Unbeknownst to the river tribe, a population of dwarves lives in the mountain, and have hollowed out a huge cavern underneath the island. if they continue their search for whatever it is that i haven't wrote for them to search for, they'll surely cause the island's destruction.

and unbeknownst to anyone, there is another tribe of plains indians living on the outskirts of the island. They however, know about both the dwarves and the swamp people. They preside over the northern half of the great river delta, which after it was drained, revealed a tower that connects to the 'other' side.

after the plains indians leave the party as a sacrifice to their god, a giant sun turtle, they must decide which tribes live, and which tribe dies.

edit: i'm kind of running out of map ideas. can anyone help? i'm not looking for someone to make it for me, but if anyone has any unusual maps or tilesets, please pm me, and i'll be sure to credit you in the credits.

[Image: th_keptieriverdeltacopy_zps014771e4.png]