Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 09-20-2012

thanks! actually all i do is start out with the default ground tile, and use the circle painting tool to make the rooms as round as i can, and then join them together.

edit: rmfeinding tonight. does this look right? i'm trying to make it look like the rocks are piled up higher than 1 tile, and the only way i could think to make it look would be to make the cave wall shorter, but does this look like it is, or like i don't know what i'm doing?

[Image: doneright_zps3da286db.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 10-08-2012

fixed the above issue, and i'm sick of working on this cave now so i'll call it 'done'. it's a two part map that's accessible from two ladders on the floor above.

[Image: watercavedone.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 10-13-2012

I have 7 out 8 character concepts ready and I am starting to put pictures into the game menu.

[Image: Hartacon_2012-10-13_10-19-07-1.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 10-16-2012

Messing around with ATB animated battlers, got around to making my first fully animated enemy and a beach battle background.

[Image: ATB%20Beach1.png]

Mockup of a roadside patrol outside of a military installation.

[Image: Roadside%20Installation.png]

I've still got so much to do, custom graphics take forever and the tileset work is all out of date ;(

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 10-16-2012

Those tanks are nice!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 10-17-2012

(10-16-2012, 07:41 PM)Kain Nobel Wrote: Mockup of a roadside patrol outside of a military installation.

DUUUUDE! Ya GOTTA fix that vehicle script. I wanna see about getting in one of those bad boys and going down a city block!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 10-17-2012

I'm in the process of catching up with the vehicle system, I just made a separate demo project for further development. The system works fine as-is but I'm adding more features, such as combat vehicles and vehicles that change to a different graphic when you enter towns.

Oh yeah, just added "On Deck" mode (ie press a button to walk around in your airship). Next feature will be vehicle-to-vehicle docking (ie land your airship on a naval ship, drive the naval ship around, get back in airship, etc.)

Whoops! This isn't the What's Up RMers? thread, so moar screen shots! ;D

Custom Menu System

World Map

BTW this is all XP, I started most of this prior to VX or VX Ace even being a thing.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - EJlol - 10-22-2012

(10-16-2012, 07:41 PM)Kain Nobel Wrote: Mockup of a roadside patrol outside of a military installation.

I've still got so much to do, custom graphics take forever and the tileset work is all out of date ;(
Still love your work Very happy + Tongue sticking out .

The tracks of the tank are to narrow. Most tanks have very wide tracks taking up around 20% of the width of the tank. I think it will make the tank look more badass and powerfull.
Content Hidden
Your tank is also very narrow, it only uses 50% of the roadlane. This could also be the fault of the roadlane being to wide ofcourse. It depends on what kind of tank you want to have to. This tank looks fast and agile. Making the tank wider might make the tank look to slow for you.

Im also curious were you will add the door for the soldiers. Or do you already lock them in when you build the tank? Tongue sticking out

The camouflage looks really cool, not sure how well it works in a world that is mostly desert though. My guess is that the tank will be a very visible green target in a yellow desert. Maybe also add some brown colors?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - kyonides - 10-22-2012

What I wonder is whether or not the rebels will be able to send exploding mini robots or set landmines to get rid of such expensive tanks. The explosions may look awesome ingame.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Grimimi - 10-25-2012

I'im trying to do a nice introduction
[Image: grim_custom_test_by_funkywork-d5iy0n9.png]