Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-02-2012

started on a new town. here's the first bare bones layout:

[Image: delavan.png]

and here it is after I trimmed a bunch off:

[Image: delavan-1.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-04-2012

Smushed the map a little, before running out of room and having to expand it again to accomodate having cliffs and a mountain path. added some houses, an item shop, an equipment shop, and POOF. out of ideas. This town pretty much came out of nowhere, I never planned for it to be there, but changing some plans with a character meant changing plans with the world. i know i have to add more shrubbery, but how else can i make this better? maybe a windmill at the top of that path?

[Image: delavanalmostdone.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ace - 07-04-2012

(07-04-2012, 09:04 PM)KasperKalamity Wrote: Smushed the map a little, before running out of room and having to expand it again to accomodate having cliffs and a mountain path. added some houses, an item shop, an equipment shop, and POOF. out of ideas. This town pretty much came out of nowhere, I never planned for it to be there, but changing some plans with a character meant changing plans with the world. i know i have to add more shrubbery, but how else can i make this better? maybe a windmill at the top of that path?

[Image: delavanalmostdone.png]

It looks really not bad, but you should add more "randomness" (does it exist? :O). Some plants, random grass, it would fill the gaps between the houses. Also a windmill would look great I think^^

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-05-2012

Alright I added some more random foliage, and that thing at the top right is a windmill. The blades are a charset, and move with the 'stopped animation' I know I still need some stuff up around the top to break up the grass, but I'm done for the night. I figure this one's about 90% of the way there.
[Image: 396033_394592073922233_837541340_n.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 07-05-2012

It looks good, quite detailed and all that. Good job.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 07-05-2012

hooray i made a good map that wasn't immediately hated on! i'm in the big time now.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Ace - 07-05-2012

Now that's a map! Looks much better with the details, no empty spaces, like nature. Add birds and other animals later and nice background sound, like the waterfall, wind and birds twitter.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MiguHideki - 07-10-2012

(12-27-2011, 12:09 PM)Kain Nobel Wrote: [Image: Kain%20Desert%20B4.png]
(12-27-2011, 12:09 PM)Kain Nobel Wrote: NICE! This looks GREAT!!!! Very cheery

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 07-16-2012

Another screen from Hartacon Tactics menu
[Image: th_Equipment2.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kristovski - 07-16-2012

Its looking great, Charlie. I look forward to purchasing your game one day.