Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 01-20-2012

some screenshots from a prequel project i was working on last year. the characters are crossing a bridge, and are met by a character named Kenta and his dog. the dog is controlling his brain to make him serve his purpose, and to do things one generally cannot do without thumbs.

[Image: lolscreen1.jpg]

Arshes in this scene, is a customs official working at the checkpoint at the other end of the bridge. the other three characters at this point in the story are wanted criminals guilty of the crime of enraging King Iorbus Yeeblesteen. They found the water spirit aboard a docked ship, and thinking it was a prostitute, let it out of its cell. it then escaped, but later helped them avoid their execution by saving them before they fell into a volcano.

[Image: lolscreen2.jpg]

i wish i still had this project, but my hard drive crashed, and now that mega upload was taken offline, it's forever lost.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kristovski - 01-30-2012

Edit: I just realized I broke a forum rule, so... I like the screenshots but I find it ironic they are dissing on the dog when two of them have seagulls attached to their heads.

I made a character lighting effect for the fireplaces in the inquisitor tileset.
Charset
And Here's it at work (without animation)
ScreenShot

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 01-31-2012

I don't know how it originally looked, but right now it looks great. Wish I could see it animate though. I bet it looks much better.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 01-31-2012

they look really good in action! i love anything that adds a dynamic sense of lighting. the rtp chest and the super long stovepipe look kinda goofy though. was there a tile for the pipe to go into the wall?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 02-10-2012

I'm not sure I posted these new updates and maps.... >.>

Anyone, not only am posting for the cave, but for the autotile of the water. I spent three weeks spriting it as I HATED the square water. I mean, SO unrealistic in a cave. :P

What do you guys think?
Content Hidden

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 02-10-2012

i really like what you did with the lighting, i just feel like everyone tries to do that now. the round ponds are great though!

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 02-13-2012

The above message has been reported as Spam 3 times now. Thanks everyone. Just waiting for a superdupermoderator to kill it. :)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 02-15-2012

[Image: Menu1.png]

Made a new window skin, updated some major issues that still remained in the remixed Trickster's gradient bars script. Multiple state display works properly now, at least as far as I've tested. I'm still not sure why but the bars flicker if their values are changed, so I'll have to get to that next.

I'm working on a limited carry inventory system, but so far I've only got the game data portion worked out (kinda), I've yet to develop a scene for it. If you're familiar with the magic menu in Final Fantasy 8, that's how the actor-to-actor use and trading screen is going to be, but with items instead of magics. There is no assigned weights system yet either but I plan to implement that after I make a working scene and ensure everything does as its supposed to.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - DerVVulfman - 02-15-2012

I implemented weights to items with the Containers script. Maybe you could consider a tie-in. Winking

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 04-01-2012

New windows. The skin is not complete yet, so many internal elements will change.
[Image: skillshop.jpg]