Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 01-29-2011

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 02-02-2011

Yay! Thanks for providing some advice and help for me guys, I really do appreciate it :)

==========

(There is a screen tone and evented flowers and whatnot, but the map is too big to get in play >.>)

Its a village in a scared forest by some healthy rivers full of fish (its basically how they live...I'm figuring out a way to make fish in the water! lol). :)

"Screenies!"

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 02-02-2011

Charile: Wow! O.o That's amazing! Shocked

MagitekElite: Nice maps :) They could do with some fog/shadow or what not but they're pretty good for standard RTP maps (except the tree houses, I like those a lot).
Nice Grinning

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - yamina-chan - 02-02-2011

@MagitekElite The roofs with the leaves stick out a bit, copared to the rest. Maybe you should change the color a little bit, so they blend in more.
Other then that, it looks nice ^^
Maybe you could add a small screenshot of ingame grafic, so that we can see what it would look like with your events. (Exept the animated flowers, but that can't be helped XD)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 02-02-2011

I agree with yamina-chan, those roofs need less contrast and less saturation.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 02-03-2011

Thanks Metal! :3 I'm trying to make it so you can climb the ladders and it looks like you crawl under the branches (made it an autotile [] xD)

Yamina, I will! I even updated with evented flowers and stuff. I'll get the images and post them :)

Okay, I'll change the roof tops. So they too bright..? Happy with a sweat

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll get on the advice/screenies! :33

EDIT:
Here are some in game screenies. (tree houses still need editing, missed a few branch hanging errors xD)

(its supposed to be night in the village, so the screen might be a bit dark)
Content Hidden

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 02-03-2011

I'm impressed, well done :)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 02-08-2011

Thanks, Metal! I think I'm going to re-do the village though. Looking at it, I don't really like what I've done. And I have to remember to edit that house xD

======================

I took some advice from a few friends over at another forum about editing and adding to tilesets. So I could have slightly different trees. They even told me about "clustering". Which is -- if you guys don't know but you probably do :P -- editing the tileset in a graphics program to create a tile of grouped trees, or flowers or anything. This is what I have so far:

Content Hidden

*The piece stretching to the top left corner doesn't belong to me, but the rest does. I was wondering what you guys thought. I'm still experimenting with how to work the shadows and stuff, but just wanted to post to get some feedbackxD*

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kristovski - 02-08-2011

That is some nice clustering. Usually clustering comes out looking unnatural, but this definitely looks right. did you add the tall grass to the cluster or did you add that in separately?

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 02-08-2011

Hmm... I'm not too sure.
The map needs a lot more detail in other areas but the clusters look ok. You would need to play with images (create shade with an image that covers the screen) and the path that leads nowhere... Whaaa?