Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MetalRenard - 12-21-2010

Decrease the opacity of the light rays!! They're hurting my eyes. I agree it's getting better but it's still lacking some things.
Sun doesn't filter through in great big rays and they're not that powerful! If they're that powerful the contrast with the shade is too strong.
The light rays should be a lot a lot smaller and there should be a lot more of them.

Computerwizoo stop brushing everyone else aside it's getting annoying. You are NOT the map master!! No one is. Everyone should have a say in things and you should honour everyone's opinion.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kristovski - 12-21-2010

Magitek, your mapping was fine in the first one. We were merely suggesting things that you could or didn't have to use. computerwizoo obviously has a crowded map style and is wanting anything and everything that could possibly be in the picture to be there. While this isn't right or wrong, you don't have to do everything he says. I personally feel his maps are too crowded. Others will disagree. Its like comparing Picasso to Da Vinci. Don't let him overpower your personal style, but don't let us either.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-21-2010

*fuuush fush fush*
cindry-chan you're in my way.

lolz, don't like my style? ok, ok, seems i need to go back to the basics.
GAME ART IS SUPPOSE TO BE AN EXAGGERATED FORM OF THE TRUTH(reality) TO BRING FORWARD A CERTAIN EMOTION(thought) TOWARDS THE PLAYER ^_^

right?
anyway, i don't RM anymore so you can ignore me...

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 12-22-2010

@MetalRenard:
I will create a thinner graphic then and lessen the opacity of it :)

@Kristovski:
I like taking suggestions. It builds my skills. I am a terrible mapper, so I go to these threads hoping to improve my mapping. As they are very boring when I make them. Now my map is 100x times better than before! Or at least I think. I would really love to add waterfalls, but they don't work properly for me.

Alright, I listen and won't....listen? :P

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - deValdr - 12-22-2010

Take 50% inspiration from your own idea's and preferences. Take the other half from other people's tips.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-22-2010

Valdred. how about posting one of your maps to compete with my pupil's newly found talent?
i'm pretty sure that would conclude this discussion ^_^.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - deValdr - 12-22-2010

Sure :D

Content Hidden

Yeah, I haven't added fog yet. Coming to that later.

fog inside a house?
how about doing something we can compare, a forest for a forest.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MGC - 12-22-2010

> Valdred : I think that the map is well-balanced, there is no unused areas.
However I have a few remarks :
Why aren't the stairs stuck to the right wall ? It looks a bit odd, imo.
There is a problem of perspective with the left chair : it's more side-oriented than the table.

lolz, you should wait for his forest map and compare it to MagitekElite's forest map.(thats a page back in the topic)