Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 12-20-2010

I think that's what this thread is for:
http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=3076

I don't know, I could be wrong.

But anyway, the map has gotten better.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 12-20-2010

I don't have the custom light rays (Couldn't find them through many google searches), so I can't create that one... and I added the fog after. Forgot to add it before I took the screenshot xD

The tileset only has one variation in vegetation and stuff like that. I have one mushroom and only two flowers to add. I'll work on it again and post a new version in an edit.

I hope this was the right fog graphic you meant.
Content Hidden

I got really, really annoyed that the tilesets only had one variation of flowers and whatnot. Sarcasm

So I made, which I'm still making more, a little character sheet of flowers and whatnot. I don't know about other forests, but Daniel Boone's Nation Forest down here, has mushrooms as big as my head around almost everywhere! Also, many different trees, scrubs and bushes. Plus different grasses...

Well, I hope this one is at least better than the last xD

Content Hidden

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-21-2010

well, it is better... just not enough to make me drool over it.
so it's a 7/10.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 12-21-2010

I'll keep working on it, then. Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Okay, I think I managed to make a light source. I hope I created the light source in the right direction and with the right color.

Content Hidden
Lighter version:
Content Hidden

I can't the light image to stop moving with the character though xD

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 12-21-2010

Trees already have their shadow. That fog is totally wrong. Not because you used it wrongly, it is wrong to use a fog in those maps, it is cheap eye candy that doesn't make sense from a realistic point of view.

So should I remove them? I'm still tweaking with the light beams, I'll keep editing the map until its a lot better! :>

(12-21-2010, 01:22 AM)Charlie Fleed Wrote: Trees already have their shadow. That fog is totally wrong. Not because you used it wrongly, it is wrong to use a fog in those maps, it is cheap eye candy that doesn't make sense from a realistic point of view.

WHAT THE HELL!!!
don't kill my pupil's growing talent!!! Laughing

@MagitekElite:
it's Awesome! your map is rated 9/10!
keep up the good work ^^ a rmxp map can't get any better than that.

keep up the good work Blushing + Cheery

Really? a 9/10!? :33 Is there a way to make the light beams stop following the player? Or is it supposed to move like that...?

Here is another part of the forest I was creating. Where a lot of people usually gather, so I tried to keep that in mind. There is a clan in the town west of it that often "gathers" to this part to ward off the eastern monsters (they aren't very successful though :P). There is more to the map, I just can't get to all xD

Content Hidden
(Yes, you can walk under and above the bridge xD)

you must keep the consistency with your maps, meaning all of them got to have some kind of external light, since its still the forest its the same light.

looks ok, but if people gather why isnt there any shelters or a defined square... you want to have more man made stuff in that spot

Oh, yea, forgot the light xD

Well, its not a housing area really. Hunters gather at that point in groups of two-three and then move on. :) I thought that space was essential at this point. There isn't much man-made stuff in the tileset I'm using... I'll check out other tilesets, I suppose :P