Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-20-2010

(12-19-2010, 11:07 PM)MagitekElite Wrote: Here are some in edits of forests. I've been messing with the bridge with another friend of mine to event a Over and under event....finally got it to work! Although if you place the event to active walking under the bridge in a spot it doesn't like, it screws the whole event up xD

Content Hidden

i think you mean field.
a forest has a LOT more trees and wild life.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - MagitekElite - 12-20-2010

Yea, its a forest, but hunters go through there and cut trees down and stuff, so its sorta blank. xD
So add more trees? :P

EDIT:
Wildlife hasn't been added yet, if you mean animals and whatnot...

wild life is just to sum it up.
plants and animal.

you know, when mapping a town. the people(events) are a part of the mapping work as well.
if that part of your forest is suffering, you need to show that there are a lot more trees around.

you might want to add a tint, since your in a forest, its gonna be darker due to the trees blocking out some of the sunlight.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - deValdr - 12-20-2010

On the first screenshot, it is an error with the grass. Other than that it's quite nice. Take notice of what wizoo said too, however.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 12-20-2010

[Image: SinaraFirstAppearance.png]

Senasuke's underground hideout. Nothing much, just a place to escape to when things get rough. Unfortunately, it's been discovered.

[Image: RearrangedVictory.png]

I rearranged the default victory window. I will most likely be adding more information to it to fill some of the free space.

(12-20-2010, 12:35 AM)computerwizoo7 Wrote: wild life is just to sum it up.
plants and animal.

you know, when mapping a town. the people(events) are a part of the mapping work as well.
if that part of your forest is suffering, you need to show that there are a lot more trees around.

you might want to add a tint, since your in a forest, its gonna be darker due to the trees blocking out some of the sunlight.

Okay, so more wild life and animals.

How would the tint work? I know how to do it, I just mean how would the tint actually be possible unless trees were above it the player like a roof...? :P

(12-20-2010, 12:37 AM)Valdred Wrote: On the first screenshot, it is an error with the grass. Other than that it's quite nice. Take notice of what wizoo said too, however.

My grass autotiles cuts off...I don't know where to get a better version. Laughing

Alright, I'll edit the maps to fit the help! :D

@MagitekElite:
you're thinking about it wrong!
illustration:
o - ground
+ - low trees
[] - tall trees
[] [] [] [] []
[][][][]++oo++ooooo+o+oooo+ooo++[][][][]
[] [] [] [] []

understand? i'm kinda lazy >.<
the tall trees shadow overlaps over everything inside the forest, the only way for it to become lighter is if your on the highest region of the mountain(forest).

Uhh....I don't really understand the "o" things other than what I got was the taller trees giving off shadow...? xD

So what would be the right shade for the map then? I tried several different shades, they look a little too dark.

i can't tell you how to edit it if you don't show me a sample.

Oh, sorry xD

Here are two different versions I made:

1: Set at 68 for all except for gray
(Couldn't get the whole map xD)
Content Hidden

2: Set at 60 for all except for gray
(Couldn't get the whole map xD)
Content Hidden