Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - Ace - 03-16-2010

ty^^ but I updated the map a little bit (added a few details) here:
Zarox Wrote:nice Charlie, looks really cool and the higher resolution makes it even better.
worked a little bit on my town, added details:
Content Hidden

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 03-17-2010

I got a few maps i wouldn't mind some critiquing on but instead of posting it here as a spoiler i will just let you guys see it on my photobucket album. Let me know what you think. Some you may have seen before. Just disregard those.

My Maps

Maps and screenshots thread - fgsfds - 03-24-2010

[Image: screencaptasogare.jpg]

So far so good, no?

Maps and screenshots thread - Shiroiyuki - 06-01-2010

I like the bars a lot -- they are a big difference from what you normally find. The game menu behind the characters is also nice....but it is hard to read the words and see the character at the same time. What if you had a left alignment instead? It seems like all words are short enough to not interfere if coming from the left. Just a thought ^_^.

I only have a few really old, really underdeveloped maps so far (*sigh*). I lost my stamina with mapping a while ago in lieu of artwork, script-collecting, and storyline development. Um....don't make fun of me please.

Demonstrates NPC character interaction....if player goes toward mouth of cave without speaking to NPC, this message pops up and access is denied. Basically player must agree to take the test and pick a time limit to proceed:
[Image: screenshot1by.png]
Yes, I see the issue in the upper left corner...Just noticed that and will fix.

And yes, that is an original character sprite you see peeking over the cliff edge. Just one of many...

Another map...one of the in-game training grounds. This is so not the right character sprite for this area BUT I had her already prepped so...whatever. This map is huge, too.
[Image: screenshot3go.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - Lunarea - 06-01-2010

They're not that bad, Shiroiyuki. A little empty, perhaps, and there's an obvious grid on the second one. But that's sometimes inevitable, given that RPG Maker only offers grid-based mapping anyway.

I think the first shot could benefit from more sandy areas. There are also a couple errors: the shadows are opaque and there seems to be a weird straight line on the upper area of the caverns.

The bottom one ... I guess I don't understand what exactly the square areas are supposed to represent. Ruins, maybe? They seem too "new". A patch of grass or a missing stone here and there could get rid of that impression.

Maps and screenshots thread - lyla2284 - 06-01-2010

Guess I'll post some of my screenshots as well. :)

[Image: black%20hole.PNG]

[Image: krup.PNG]

[Image: main%20menu.PNG]

So, what do you think?

Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 10-13-2010

*looks around*
*sees no hackers*

Okay, I can post this.
This is a test map from Hartacon, made with the very first pieces of a new tileset created by my talented new recruit, Moy Studio.

[Image: candylandsigned-1.jpg]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 11-21-2010

A few videos about my XNA project:
Hartacon XNA - Command window, camera, movement range and jumps
Hartacon XNA - Attack and Skill Animations and Damage
Hartacon XNA - Projectiles

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Yin - 11-21-2010

[Image: ScreenshotUndoneMap.png]

This is me testing out my new tileset and my new character template. The map is almost done, I just need to fix a few things (like that square shadow by the big log). The characters are done.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 11-25-2010

[Image: Immagine.jpg]
Not much to show here, but you can see the altered state on a few characters and the icon on the attack command showing what kind of weapon you're equipping.