Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - mila26 - 02-11-2010

@Silne30
:c u ruined that nice map by putting fences around the houses

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-11-2010

Well the hammer kinda came down on me for not having them. But I like the fences though. Now I have my armory. The first pic is the before and the second is the after. You will probably be able to see pretty easily why I went from a to be.

Exhibit A:
Content Hidden

Exhibit B:
Content Hidden

Maps and screenshots thread - mila26 - 02-12-2010

alot of inconsistency like the wood shelfs and the battle dummy and even the auto tiles.

they patched the metal floor with wood ?

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-12-2010

Haha!
I'm English!

The first thing to do when you are a level designer working with a pre-made tileset is to learn how to use each tile, what the tiles represent and how to place them.

i will only point out a few, but with these few you will be able to fix the map to a base level.

ok, Exhibit B:

the metal book shelf at the top right, cannot be placed into the wall! the base of that object must be on a flat surface. double computer at the left top is long s it would require 2 tiles on a flat surface.
check the angle/perspective and priority of each tile to see if they can really be used for a certain task: eg. pieces of board at the bottom right and metal at the top. the machine/wires on the bottom right wall.

lastly, don't use tiles simply for sing tiles sake!
think about what kind of objects would i find in this room?
i would recommend little or no wooden objects in a metallic room like this.
the roof tile would probably be metal as well.
wires would be close to electronics and not just all over.

for example, if you were mapping your bedroom in rpg maker, you wouldn't really have to look back at your room as you know yourself and what a person like you would have in their bedroom. you would map the room in light of who you are! since the characters of a game are fictional, you will have to think about who they are and map accordingly for them.

understand?

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-12-2010

@mila That is not supposed to be a patch. It's a mat because there is a martial arts instructor there.

@wizoo. Thanks for the info i will make some adjustments. And i did switch the roof tiles to the gray. I noticed that after i had already posted the pic. Thanks for the advice.

Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 02-17-2010

What if a battle system, say, my battle system, became a versus battle system supporting multiple alliances of two or more parties, battling against each other? mmm... naaaah

[Image: th_2648584d.jpg] [Image: th_ffe4179c.jpg]

Maps and screenshots thread - Ace - 02-18-2010

crazy shit, looks awesome Charlie xD Here are some screens of my current game (no title yet)

Content Hidden

First, the language is german.
1. Screen: States Activation System FF9 Style in my game (by Charlie Fleed). Also the name of the Actor will be changed.
2. Screen: One of the first maps in the game with the Protagonist (the crystal won't be there in the end^^)
3. Screen: Skills learning System FF9 Style (also by Charlie Fleed)
4. Screen: Battle System with main Protagonist, Sprite by Dollmage edited by me (the Jecht Blade) and guess who made this awesome battle system... I just say three words: Charlie Fleed (yeah, these are actually 2... oh and btw: since I know Charlie, I got over the soccer match 2006, Germany vs. Italy... just kidding xD)

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-18-2010

Game is looking pretty cool Zarox. I am also using a number of charlies scripts. Kudos to him for making such boss scripts.

Maps and screenshots thread - konterganon - 02-18-2010

nice screens Zarox, i just love the final fantasy 9 ability system. the waters color on picture 2 is really nice.

here are some screens of my own:
[Image: forcelordsscreen1.jpg]
The Crystal of Eternity
[Image: forcelordsscreen2.jpg]
part of a huge minesystem, you have to solve the riddel in order to get to the lost dwarven underground city
[Image: forcelordsscreen3.jpg]
a screen from the beginning of my game with enabled "bloom-effect"

Maps and screenshots thread - bacon - 02-18-2010

[Image: cavers.png]
Trying to test out some fog effects

[Image: housers.png]
Black and white house