Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-09-2010

there should be windows on the lowest level of the house for the first floor.
you would want other small plants near the trees.
also, make sure that you take charlie fleed's advice and use up your joining tiles.

next time post a in game screen shot.

Maps and screenshots thread - mila26 - 02-09-2010

Content Hidden

here i made this a while ago i pointed out my errors but i still want to see wat u think and if u guys see anymore errors post responses!

and my trickster sheep i want to show it off >:D
Content Hidden

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-09-2010

the windows on the houses should not overlap the lines/groove of the houses, they should be between two grooves/lines on the house.
the 2 top houses windows need to go down one notch.
the middle house's window needs to go up one notch.
the bottom left house's second window to the right of the house to the left needs to go down a notch.
you could add one more window to the top section of the bottom right house.

other than that and the errors you pointed out, the map is well designed.

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-10-2010

I redid some of my map with the edits I was told about. Here it is again.
Content Hidden
I hope I did better this time. Thanks for all of the help.

Maps and screenshots thread - Ace - 02-10-2010

looks really nice, I like it. And how do you all make these screens of the whole map? I tried to make several screenshots but this takes very long^^

Here's the outline of my worldmap:

Content Hidden

It is just the outline, and the white squares aren't visible ingame. It's made with Inquisitors Tileset merged with a Tileset by R.Janes, Allie, Arramon and HungryMouse. Also I didn't add mountains and woods because this is just the outline for the loaction worldmap.

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-11-2010

Wow that map is huge! The way i did it was actually from the editor. I went to the view tab and turned off the dimming of the other layers. Then i did a print screen and pasted it in paint.net. Cropped the picture and kept what I needed. Thanks for the compliments.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-11-2010

@Zarox:
that is not a map!!!!!!!!
post it again when you have a map... and not an outline!!!!

besides, you will want to let the edges of the continents blend in with the water.

@silne30:

You did not take charlie's advice and use the roof tiles!!!
the top f the houses have a triangular cut in them as you did not use the roof tiles to fill those out.
also you should let the top triangular roof connect to the side of the house and not like its a completely different object placed on op of the house.
another thing is you need a place where the trees accumulate/bungle up a lot, this could be inside the town or outside the town.
the latter seems like what you wanted, the town was made by cutting down trees out of a forest so there should be more trees when leaving/outside the town.

oh yeah, if you fix those then you have an A Class map!!!! with the rtp that is...

Hey computerwizoo. Can you show me an example of these roof tiles? I am not seeing them. I did notice that triangular cut that showed up and I couldnt get rid of them but I didn't know why that was.
Nevermind. I found them. I see what I was doing wrong. Thanks a lot. Yes there will be trees outside of the town hence how they were able to build. Thanks Computerwizoo.

Edit: So very sorry. I didnt know that there was a rule on forums about posting twice in a row. Won't happen again.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-11-2010

I was wondering if you were going to join me in my campaign against P...8 or something like that...

What do you mean?