Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - Jaberwocky - 01-12-2010

Those trees look really nice o_o
Looks a little silly having them marked on the minimap, though.

[Image: 102qvib.png]
Finally have unarmed animations for Mitzy, no more standing around holding an invisible staff or disappearing while moving/casting/attacking, wheeeee
Finally got the enemies to attack you one at a time and added in a sort of 'turn que' thing so that you can't get locked out of performing any actions by 2-3 enemies taking turns hitting you.
Still trying to figure out how I want the UI to look. Was going to use a ring menu but it causes lots of lag during battles.

I just noticed that the guages spell out 'H A T'
I'll never be able to unsee that ._.

Maps and screenshots thread - Deek - 01-20-2010

@all: Why is everybody using the default XP- or VX-Tilesets? They are both overused. There ARE other styles available. You just have to find them or make your own chips.

I tried to make a panorama effect:
[Image: 01.png]

I use REFMAP chips for the first time ever:
[Image: 02.png]

And here's the current status of a battle system I am working on:

Maps and screenshots thread - Guardian - 01-21-2010

Deacon, I have to say that your mapping is quite good. The only thing that kind of bugs me is that one plant in the middle of the hill. I also like the graphics you're using. :)

Also that battle system looks quite interesting. I'm hoping to see more of it in the future. ^_^

Maps and screenshots thread - jubhub731 - 02-08-2010

[Image: snowyr.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 02-09-2010

ok, i have been for this all day!
that map has some fatal flaws, and it is definitely not natural.
first you have a stairs leading to a mountain which is the same height from where the stairs is coming from.
eg. |- -|
eg. |-- |
eg. |-----|

| - mountain height
- stairs
that is impossible, or maybe you were going for that in the first place.

the second most fatal flaw:

the map is not detailed enough to be a nature/outside map.
p.s.

where did the broken branch from the tree go?
where did the leafs go?
why isn't there any kind of other small plants, and rubble which got blown there by the wind?
etc.

third fatal flaw:

the bridge that links the 2 mountains has a map tile error(made that up), the mountain overlaps the board on the bridge.
if you fix those, post another screen shot and i will critique again, ok!

if you were aiming for all that then i am terribly sorry for saying all those things about your map.

Maps and screenshots thread - Rusty - 02-09-2010

jubhub731 I think you need to fix your map, the tree shadow have wrong color also there some priority problem in the bridge, and the stair is looked out of place. Maybe you should use bridge instead.

Maps and screenshots thread - jubhub731 - 02-09-2010

Ya after i posted the map i noticed the stairs and the bridge . So im fixing it up right now so thanks rusty and computerwizzo :)

Maps and screenshots thread - Guest - 02-09-2010

Hey this is one of my maps from my game. Let me know what you think. I know there are some pretty great mappers around so some pointers are always welcome. The doors arent there because this is a screenie from the editor on the third layer without the other layers dimmed. Thanks for your time.
Content Hidden

Maps and screenshots thread - Rusty - 02-09-2010

Well the pictures too small, but i can see there small problem with the building, i think when you making the building you forgot that in the wall there some shadow you need to delete.
[Image: image1g.png]

Other than that maybe you need to make your town more merrier maybe put some fence beside the house, or ladder, more variation in your chimney.

Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 02-09-2010

Personally I don't like open boundaries. I prefer when a natural obstacle or a fence blocks the way. What about fences around every house? You could use them and make the spaces look less empty.
I noticed you didn't use the roof tiles that join horizontal and vertical sections of the houses.
THESE -->[Image: Immagine.jpg]
I think you also need more windows on those houses. And maybe you could have some spots where a few trees accumulate.