Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - Jaberwocky - 12-15-2009

Why's your building sitting in the middle of the road?
Also, do those windows have windows in them? o__O

Anyways...
Here's my crappy-looking new equip menu:
[Image: 1z6rxps.jpg]
Need to tweak the design a bit, but at least I have a functional equip menu for the time being.
...As long as I don't try to equip anything in a slot I haven't put data in for yet >_>; Which is basically everything below the neck.

I think I need to lessen the amount of blackspace around the battleback and make the silhouette smaller, for a start. Also need to work on the transition in/out of the equip menu... I think I've got an idea of what I'm gonna do for it...

Not gonna bother messing with it until the rest of the menu is finished, though.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-15-2009

Its not an in-game map, i am just showing the design.
there is reflections on the glass for the windows.

Maps and screenshots thread - explocion200 - 12-15-2009

Jaberwocky Wrote:Why's your building sitting in the middle of the road?
Also, do those windows have windows in them? o__O

Anyways...
Here's my crappy-looking new equip menu:
[Image: 1z6rxps.jpg]
Need to tweak the design a bit, but at least I have a functional equip menu for the time being.
...As long as I don't try to equip anything in a slot I haven't put data in for yet >_>; Which is basically everything below the neck.

I think I need to lessen the amount of blackspace around the battleback and make the silhouette smaller, for a start. Also need to work on the transition in/out of the equip menu... I think I've got an idea of what I'm gonna do for it...

Not gonna bother messing with it until the rest of the menu is finished, though.

i wana play the demo lol

Maps and screenshots thread - bacon - 12-16-2009

Wizoo: The overall tiles are completely flat. I cannot distinguish between what is what and what sticks out. It doesn't look like its going up, it again looks flat. Your textures do not match your character sprites nor the design of VX. From what I can distiguish, your building looks confusing. I do not understand the two different buildings, and it is illogical in my point of view. Your doors are ugly and too dark and detailed. They do not match the building as well.

Maps and screenshots thread - computerwizoo7 - 12-16-2009

ok...
well thanks for the feedback...

Not only did I find your comment extremely rude, but extremely offensive. I spent the time typing what I thought was wrong, and you give me more empty words. You should actually put more thought in what you post. I gave you, good, solid criticism on what was wrong with wrong in your map. There are issues that I want and need to address. I am not here to give you sugar coated-half ass criticism, I am here to be truthful and give you the advice to be a better person. I'm sorry that I may come off as rude or mean, but you are just going to just grow a pair and understand what I am saying, and improve as well. Though next time, I will just say "Nice job man," because that is way more helpful than telling you your faults in the map.

Maps and screenshots thread - Charlie Fleed - 12-16-2009

bacon Wrote:Not only did I find your comment extremely rude, but extremely offensive. I spent the time typing what I thought was wrong, and you give me more empty words. You should actually put more thought in what you post. I gave you, good, solid criticism on what was wrong with wrong in your map. There are issues that I want and need to address. I am not here to give you sugar coated-half ass criticism, I am here to be truthful and give you the advice to be a better person. I'm sorry that I may come off as rude or mean, but you are just going to just grow a pair and understand what I am saying, and improve as well. Though next time, I will just say "Nice job man," because that is way more helpful than telling you your faults in the map.

That's a joke, right?

Maps and screenshots thread - PK8 - 12-16-2009

While Bacon's post may have been a little harsh, none of his points are off. He felt that his critique was brushed off. Comp's post did have a bit of a "yeah, whatever" tone to it.

Anywho, I've been going on and off when it comes to working on LaunchPlay. I'm trying to figure out how to neatly integrate the loading text (or graphic perhaps) into the interface.
[Image: launchplayvx56.png]

The loading is NOT there in an attempt to "look cool" or anything. There is going to be plenty of loading going on when navigating files, so I thought I'd add that there.

No its not a joke, I am and was extremely agitated in the fact that he posted that. Im sorry that you see it as a joke, but I do not. Heres why:

I spent my time looking over his map and giving him some honest criticisms about what I thought about his map and addressed the flaws. I went somewhat in depth with them as well. I did not post "good job," or "Your maps suck," I stated what was wrong, in my eyes. I found it a slap in the face that he would say something like that. His post was almost to be the point of being sarcastic and rude. Like," Whatever man, I really dont care." To me that is offensive, considering I am was trying to help the guy. Im sorry again that you think it is a joke that I said these things, but I am merely criticizing his ways of taking my criticism, as he came off as almost arrogant to me, imo. But again, I have learned my lesson. Next time I will just post half-ass criticism with no thought whatsoever and no means of actually helping the person.

Maps and screenshots thread - Jaberwocky - 12-16-2009

Except, his post ISN'T sarcastic and rude.
Honestly, it sounds more like he's a bit disappointed with the results of his work.

Oh, Punk, someone already beat you to it. Here's a screenshot:
[Image: 99dr81.png]
It's great; there's no loading wait :o