Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

Maps and screenshots thread - Archeia - 11-02-2009

@FreakofNature, that is incredibly pretty :>
Here's an edit!
[Image: test1-1.png]

Maps and screenshots thread - Alpha-Mad - 11-02-2009

computerwizoo7 Wrote:Wow i see some good maps here!
That's it? You should be more specific :cheery:
Archeia Wrote:@FreakofNature, that is incredibly pretty :>
Here's an edit!
[Image: test1-1.png]
Nice! Those little things that were sticking out earlier are no longer doing so. It's looking good archeia

Maps and screenshots thread - MusicalSwordsman - 11-02-2009

@ Archeia
Now we're talking, these little fixes make the room look so much better, keep up the good work ^^

Maps and screenshots thread - Lunarea - 11-05-2009

[Image: MaisChurch.png]

Church of Mais, in Freas. It's just a simple prayer area, and up the stairs are the healing chambers and the lead priest's living quarters.

Mais is the goddess of healing.

Thoughts and feedback are welcome! :)

Maps and screenshots thread - Guardian - 11-05-2009

Lunarea I really really like the statue of Mais. :o

There are 3 things that kinda bother me:

-The candles are all lined up perfectly. Maybe make them in this pattern?:
+-+-+-
-+-+-+
Having them perfectly aligned is really bothering me, but maybe it's just me.

-I think it would look better if one of the books in the seats were missing.

-The shadow of the left flowerpot bothers me. According to the other decorations, the light source seems to be the top center of the room, but both the left and right flowerpots have their shadows facing to the right.

But overall it's really good. ^_^

Maps and screenshots thread - Lunarea - 11-05-2009

Thanks! The statue is a personal favorite too.

The candles are prayer candles, which are usually lined up perfectly (like so), but I'll keep it in mind. I also considered removing one of the books, but that would go slightly against the look the priest's trying to achieve (narcissistic perfectionist XD).

The light source is upper left (best seen on the pillars). Though It's probably less obvious on the larger furniture. I'll take another look at it :)

Maps and screenshots thread - Rusty - 11-05-2009

Look so cute.
For me the stairs look too small, maybe using front view stair better than side view.

Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 11-05-2009

@Lunarea : Its nice to see side-view stairs once in awhile, I'd keep 'em! I would suggest moving them down a tile or something though, that looks like a narrow squeeze to get to the stairs; (if somebody was to be going down the stairs, and slipped and fell, they'd go face first into the wall). Also, the pot with the flowers on the ground lack shading, but other than that it is looking pretty good!

One suggestion I could probably throw out there is, if the candle flames are animated to flicker, alter the frames between candles so they aren't all burning exactly the same; thats what I did in one of my town screenshots with the chimney smoke. I would suggest making the flames themselves (without the candle) a characterset, so that you can change the hue on the fires for an interesting in-game effect :D

I've been working on custom tileset stuffs myself, here are a couple from my town tileset. The only complaint that I have really about my own work on it is that the pots don't look too great, and the tree isn't in perfect perspective making it look flat; I've got another tree in the works, which I might replace this one with if it turns out good.

Content Hidden

Also, here is my cave tileset that I've been working on; the town and the cave have a relationship, so its the same basic wall structure as the cliffs in the town screenshots, but the color is alot stronger and darker since... well, its a cave. Some pieces have been jacked from the RTP and remixed to match the style better, but I might be replacing them with my own later.

Content Hidden

Any C&C would be appreciated, I've got alot of autotile work that I need to do for these.

Maps and screenshots thread - Jophie - 11-05-2009

Restaurant interior. Going for modern/futuristic feel, but no textures yet, also not sure of the angle quite yet as well. Models by Varun.

Restaurant Interior

- Jophie

Maps and screenshots thread - EJlol - 11-05-2009

My first comment would have been "that's a lot of white", and then I readed
Quote:but no textures yet
What I'm really missing are windows. But it looks nice :)