Save-Point
Maps and screenshots thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Maps and screenshots thread (/thread-2870.html)

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-18-2023

(01-18-2023, 07:11 PM)KasperKalamity Wrote: yeah that was all a modern city with streets and sidewalks. there were billboards for things inside the city along the roads in and out of town. the idea was to take a bus to go from one side of the map to the other. some of those ideas may make their way into my newest iteration. The big city I'm working on right now has that ludicrously long riverbed from my 2016 city built into it.

How are you handling the building progress? My construction sites are too layered to make out of event tiles, so im going to bring back the cities as different maps in acts 2 and 3 with various levels of progress.

I'm doing the same, only more simplified i.e only two maps. In the first visit, the house will be a work in progress like you see above. Once the characters gain access to the Warp Hall and visit the town again, the house will be shown to be finished.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - JayRay - 01-19-2023

[Image: image.png?width=1071&height=623]

A few screens from a MV project I'm going to be working on for a while, called "Epoch of Ravens" for RPG Maker MV. I'm trying a few methods, like allowing the ground to simply be a repeated mini-parallax, so that my tilesets can be focused on more structural elements.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Kain Nobel - 01-19-2023

Excellent use of structures, compositions and textures! Whatever ways and means you are using to build these maps, it is good to see that the consistency from one screen to the next remains intact.

If I had saw these screenshots in the wild and I had not knew of their origin then my guess would've been somebody is making a Metalocalypse RPG \m/

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - KasperKalamity - 01-20-2023

Tired of villaging, I decided to play in the mud. The riverbed is now totally boundaried. a few more houses and some arboring and this one's doneski! if you look at where i was a week ago on the last page, i'm flying on this town. this one is the most densely populated town as far as room for activities.

[Image: VCDBmdB.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-21-2023

Looks like we're are gonna take the scenery route when crossing the riverbank.

Wait, there's a fence in the lower part and a waterfall in the upper part. Now I'm wondering how are we supposed to cross to the other side.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Remi-chan - 01-21-2023

Pftpfpfpf that map is so big its more or less impractical. I feel like half the people who use XP just do it to flex their mapping skills and big builds but never make an actual game.

Does look neat, though. But the heavily industrialized path right up against bright green grass doesn't sit right.

Anyway here's some of the maps I've made over my time developing all the crazy optional content this game has to offer. One for each color in the rainbow or somethin'. :0
Red
[Image: b0wNxtE.png]
Orange
[Image: qPKMS4F.png]
Yellow
[Image: 2UNeoYI.png]
Green
[Image: PhMsVBJ.png]
Blue
[Image: KOdU8Gm.png]
Purple
[Image: KGS93qI.png]
Pink
[Image: l1TvMNR.png]

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-21-2023

The orange and purple maps are... well too orange and purple, to the point it's kinda hard to see what's going on. Perhaps it's just something that doesn't translate very well in screenshots.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Remi-chan - 01-22-2023

Most likely it just doesn't translate well in screenshots, lucky for you. The orange one has a scene based within.

Temptation's Wont

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Steel Beast 6Beets - 01-22-2023

It does look better in actual gameplay, I see now.

RE: Maps and screenshots thread - Remi-chan - 01-23-2023

I figured. Also here's purple in video format. You're welcome!

Eternal Storm of Entitlement