Save-Point
AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive (/thread-2566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 07-06-2011

BUMP!
to version 13.4

A double-whammy.

First, there is a new patch in the main page that is called the Window Depth Adjuster. This Lets you set the z-Depth of your battlesystem's windows as you see fit, whether you want them in front of the battlers (more likely) or behind them.

Second, a technical visual glitch was reported whereby any battler performing the 'guard/defend' pose and was attacked, they switch to the ready pose before being hit. If they survive, they return to their defend pose. The system was SUPPOSED to have them remain in the defend pose up to being hit. This has been fixed.

Both these nuances are thanks to Boomy of House Slashers / Creation Asylum / HBGames.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - neiljwd - 07-26-2011

Hello
I have a PROBLEM! Please help me!

But 1st can I just say what a cool topic this is, having all the demos so people can try out different battle styles easily, is great for anyone new to the scene.
Plus all the scripts are arranged in the right order for you, no issues all good!

Except they're not! Argh! The horror!
Before I begin let me just apologise if you frequent other RMXP sites, i'm posting this everywhere as the problem has bottle necked my games development, my time, and my fun for 3 days now!

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/3/2126590/Files/RPGMaker/RMXP/Demo/AnimBat_Demos/RTAB_w_Extras.zip from this thread
^
I downloaded that, after some messing around got all its stuff working in my game, EXCEPT Mimi's Battleback Changer
I really really like its features, ESPECIALLY the ability to fight on the map, not a battle back. MY BIG problem is that, if I have a fight
on the map when the fight exits I get this error:
[Image: 3rffg.png]
Whenever the game tries to return to the map. it breaks :(

Additionally if any fight starts without a default BB chosen thenit crahses, but I can event around that, but the above problem is KILLING me!
I've really searched around but can't find any help anywhere :(
BTW the demo above comes with a 'global version' of M'sBB. Somewhere in my searches I found a Mimi and Dalissa D/L of just mimi's battleback and music changer.
This had the BB as global and a game initiated version, tried that too to know effect :(

PLease help me.

The Code Just in case

Wow I've had that problem for 3 days And couldnt figure it.
So i totally judt deconstructed my game and it's scripts from the top down.

AND I FOUND MY PROBLEM!! Woohoo!!

Ticked off Angry Battle Report v 1.6 by Illustrationism Angry Ticked off

That I'm a novice who spent AGES playing with M'sBB and it was just that Battle Report v 1.6 isn't compatible.
So if you put out updated versions of your EXCELLENT demos (and thank you again) please remove Battle Report!

BTW if you put Battle Report RIGHT at the bottom of your scripts, then the error message comes up as relating to Battle Report.
Jsut incase someone wants to 'solve' the problem rather just dumping Battle Report.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 07-27-2011

Oookay. Found it.

Go to lines 266 to 277 (the if $bbg_type=3 to ... block) in Mimi's Battleback Changer.

Erase the following lines
Code:
if @battleback_sprite.tileset != nil
        @battleback_sprite.tileset.dispose
      end
      # If battleback_autotiles exist, dispose of them
      for i in 0..6
        if @battleback_sprite.autotiles[i] != nil  
          @battleback_sprite.autotiles[i].dispose
        end
      end
Which is already erased by Illustrationism's script when dealing with the map-for-battleback.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DuskCrow - 09-23-2011

It is possible to make the party menbers at the Right side and the enemies at Left????

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 09-24-2011

Sure. It's one of the first things I put into the system, the sideview mirror system as mentioned in the .pdf file as well as the introduction script:

Code:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#  SIDEVIEW MIRROR:     This value switches  the positions  of both enemies and
#                       heroes to opposite ends of the screen.
#
#   Script : $sideview_mirror = [number]
#   number : a value indicating whether the hero & enemy positions are switched
#            0 = Default:  Enemies on the left, Heroes on the right
#            1 = Switched: Heroes on the left, Enemies on the right
#
#==============================================================================

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DuskCrow - 10-11-2011

So... i have to change the "0" to "1" in which one..?

(Sprite System: The Sprite Battler Class.)
Quote: # --Obtain the Sideview switch
$game_system.sv_angle = $sideview_mirror
$game_system.sv_angle = 0 if $sideview_mirror == nil
or here
(Miscellaneous: Formations, Viewport and various Detection routines.)
Quote: # Additional values for the $global's save/load feature
attr_accessor :mnk_sm # sideview mirror
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# * Object Initialization
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
alias mnk_init initialize
def initialize
# Perform the original call
mnk_init
# Create the savable values
@mnk_sm = 0
??

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Crono - 10-11-2011

Hello, love this script. Always been a fan of it. I did have one question though. >_> Im not entirely sure if this issue is dependent on the RTAB camera or the animated battlers script but seeing how I know DerVVulfman is pretty avid in both, I figured I'd ask in this topic.

I simply just want the actors size to be doubled in battle. I am using charactersets as battlers and would like for them to be bigger in battle. I messed around with the control perspective in RTAB and that used to work but now it is only working on normal enemies (I have all enemies to use default battlers) and not the actors. For the actors, the animated battlers script is in effect and I believe that is why it no longer works on the actors so I guess I would like a push in the right direction of where I would go to change the battler perspective. I looked in the script for something that might catch my eye, but nothing I change works. I may just not be changing the correct values.

All help would be appreciated, thank you guys very much!

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 10-12-2011

Animated Battlers does not have a zoom feature. Have you ever thought about using a paint program to double the size? You may try 150% instead... Don't make them TOO big. Winking *shrugs*

I leave camera zoom features to others. I know one guy was working on a camera rotation system for AnimBat a while ago. Think 'Final Fantasy' games.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Crono - 10-12-2011

Ahh...yes. Increasing the battlers size worked liked a champ. Its been awhile since I messed with RMXP so this was a good little refresher haha. Thank you!

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 01-04-2012

BUMP
to version 13.7

This new version now includes Ccoa's Sprite Strips as viable battlers, something I intended to include and had difficulty figuring out how to include it. I took some time off until Yin put forth a request which re-kindled the desire... causing a sudden jolt of inspiration. I didn't expect the code to be as short as it was. The configuration script had to have a couple things added, but not much... and it was a pretty simple addition for her sprite strips too.

In the meantime, a minor glitch came up with a couple of Trickster's battlesystems, those using a Timer feature. That didn't take long to fix.

And I didn't realize I didn't have a 'casting' and 'skill ID based pose' animation for Trickster's systems. These too have been introduced.