Save-Point
AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive (/thread-2566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Holder - 03-10-2011

Sorry about bumping this up but I was wondering because I couldn't see it within the config section if there's any kind of array for altering individual actor/enemy movement speed?

Basically came from testing a Tonberry battler, and well, it sort of looked weird having it waddle at high speed back and forth the screen.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 03-10-2011

I'm afraid the timer system is all or nothing. The speed in which the battlers move are all based on the same timer. The only speed settings relate to how fast all the animation is performed on the screen or how fast the battlers run across to attack one another.

That isn't to say you couldn't increase or decrease the number of frames for a given pose. It's not the first time I heard the request, but individual speed controls for each possible actor and/or enemy isn't something I'd be inclined to add right now.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Holder - 03-10-2011

Ah when I said movement speed I meant how fast the battlers run across to attack one another, or is that what you meant by it being a single setting?

It's no worries if it's not in there, I'll just avoid those kinds of characters.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 03-11-2011

Well, three IS a setting that lets the system use the character's agility to gauge how fast/slow they move across the screen. MNK_CALC_SPEED But, I don't recommend it if the difference between actors and/or enemies is great. Your character may run like 'The Flash' while another may become a virtual snail It's an old hold-over from the original system.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Taylor - 03-23-2011

I've found that when using an item to revive a party member (and maybe a skill too) the battler will get up as the animation is playing, which is a little awkward. Related may be the use of the idle pose for damage animation when a character is defending, instead of remaining defending.

I'm using version 12.3 though, so maybe you've fixed things since then. I've been having to make changes to the scripts themselves to work with my CBS - but I'm fairly certain my edits haven't caused these issues. Can't find any edits related to the above.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 03-23-2011

I did a couple of tests, both item and skill related. Are you experiencing an IDLE/READY pose just before the use of a skill or item? I would kinda understand why it would happen as the idle pose is the initial state of any battler until altered by the status of being woozy, attacking or any other event. But in testing on a couple of battlesystems, not the least being the default version, ParaDog's ATB and Charlie Fleed's CTB, I found the player going from the woozy pose straight to the "item using" pose to heal a fellow member.

Or are you suggesting a woozy/item pose where the guy looks sick while trying to toss a potion in the air... or a woozy/skill where it's a miracle the guy even HIT the target?

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Taylor - 03-23-2011

Uh. I don't understand your description at all.

In both cases, the issue is the target. With the item to revive a party member, the member gets up right at the start of the animation - which given the fact it's a revival item, they should only be getting up at the end. The defending too. If the character is defending, they'll get into the idle pose while being damaged, in contrast to the damage pose (duh) if they were not.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 03-24-2011

Ah, the 'TARGET' is being restored and using a pose before the actual revival battle animation is performed, not the user/caster of the item/skill. That makes more sense.

I've been working on a few little tricks, including a bit more understanding in wait systems. I may be able to add that when my PC is fully back to form. I hate malware... reformatted my PC entirely...

In any event, I don't forget much. I remember you asking for a system to delay the battle animations prior to attacks years ago. Winking

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Taylor - 03-24-2011

Really? I don't even remember that. o ao

I'm not even sure what kinda case that would be useful for. Oh! You mean to hold off the damage pose until a certain point? yeah i think i can see me asking about that

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Taylor - 03-29-2011

Derp, double post, but I just remembered a feature I wanted to suggest that I thought would be good... but it could be difficult.

Basically, it's defining animations by sets of co-ordinates. The co-ordinates would be based on cell divisions, not pixels. Normally you'd specify a row, but let's say you want to save space and not have to duplicate certain sprites? Using this system you could also fill up the gaps left by shorter things like down and damage animations.

Alternately, maybe there's an animated battler system that already does this? It's probably not as plug-and-play as this script though. :/