Save-Point
AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive (/thread-2566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 01-12-2013

1) I have heard that there is a script that can change or replace the default red-out effect. And in fact, I do remember trying it with AnimBat and found it worked just fine. However, it is not my script and I don't recall what it was named. Perhaps a copy is here. If so, you may wish to check the Forum Script Listings (stickied thread) that has a list of the scripts in the forum. Likely... the 'Visual Enhancements' spoiler. It's subdivided into categories.

2) If Cloud uses 8 frames, 'ALL' the spritesheets would need to be set to 8 frames of animation... not just Cloud's. Whatever pose or action has the most frames is your max frames. You mention the Ccoa spritestrip feature. I'll mention that below.

3) Yep. Good hunting. Winking Oh, and there's a manual in the zip.

4) Brenda's Visual Battlers must be placed below the system for it to work, and you need to have different sets of spritesheets for the weapons just as you would need for the battlers. Each weapon, armor or accessory uses an id number from the database, so you kinda insert something like return "sword" if id==1 . However, it only works with the spritesheet system. You asked about ccoa spritestrips, so I have to reluctantly reply that it will not work with her spritestrip system.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - daylights - 02-12-2013

Hi DerVVulfman ! First I'm sorry for my bad English ! I work with Charlie Fleed CBS and I really love this script cuz it's easy to use and have a lot of option ! Atoa it's very cool for the camera but I the must is the custom movement for skill and item like this !
Skill_Settings[147] = ["MOVETYPE/NOMOVE","ANIME/12","NODAMAGE","SEQUENCE/148,149,150"]
If is possible to make the minkoff's animated battlers compatibility with this ?
And for the camera ? If is possible ?
It's only a suggestion cuz I really love more Charlie Fleed CBS like an Atoa CBS (more bug -_-)

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 02-13-2013

That is an odd type of command you just showed me. Confused

Animated Battlers provides a fairly basic series of movements... Run, stand, step forward, run to center and even jump. Not overly keen on jumping. It has been years since I looked at Atoa's system, but one thing about his ABS is that the graphics and battlesystems are hardwired together. My Animation system is a separate entity that can be used in various battlesystems. Because of this, the actual attack movement system is kept fairly basic, though the system allows for multiple actions and recognizes what skill, item or attack is used. And since I am keeping the movement system basic, that odd sequence system will not likely be implemented.

CAMERA system.... ah, a camera system. I have one for you!

Golden Sun Camera Battle System was made by Shockwave over at Creation Asylum and he let me post it here. Heck, he told ME that it worked for Animated Battlers. And yes, it can work with Charlie Fleed's CTB. One caveat about the camera system. All enemies and actors will be lined up in a single row. This allows the camera to pan around and 'virtually' behind the enemies or actors. You did read that right. The camera pans around and behind the battlers, just like Final Fantasy 8 and so on. I like it.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Taylor - 02-13-2013

That command looks an awful like the kind from the Tanetakai(?) system.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - daylights - 02-13-2013

(02-13-2013, 04:47 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: That is an odd type of command you just showed me. Confused

Animated Battlers provides a fairly basic series of movements... Run, stand, step forward, run to center and even jump. Not overly keen on jumping. It has been years since I looked at Atoa's system, but one thing about his ABS is that the graphics and battlesystems are hardwired together. My Animation system is a separate entity that can be used in various battlesystems. Because of this, the actual attack movement system is kept fairly basic, though the system allows for multiple actions and recognizes what skill, item or attack is used. And since I am keeping the movement system basic, that odd sequence system will not likely be implemented.

CAMERA system.... ah, a camera system. I have one for you!

Golden Sun Camera Battle System was made by Shockwave over at Creation Asylum and he let me post it here. Heck, he told ME that it worked for Animated Battlers. And yes, it can work with Charlie Fleed's CTB. One caveat about the camera system. All enemies and actors will be lined up in a single row. This allows the camera to pan around and 'virtually' behind the enemies or actors. You did read that right. The camera pans around and behind the battlers, just like Final Fantasy 8 and so on. I like it.
Cry I'm sad ! Your mouvement system is basic but don't bug XD ! And for the Golden Sun Camera System bug with the large party and Aeon system on Charlie Fleed CBS ! I try it a long time ago ....

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Alistor - 03-13-2013

Such an amazing script. I remember when you made it. Now, I know you've basically finished this thing, but i have a question. The script has a feature that allows a battler to jump to the center of the battle field to activate a special attack. Now, is there a way to add a feature based on that where they move toward the center line of the battle field, but still in line with their target? For example, There are three goblins lined up across from our heroes. The swordsman wants to use blade wave, a ranged attack. It would be cool if he moved to the center line of the field, but lined up with the target as opposed to the complete center, so the animation would play smoothly. see badly done figures below.

[gob]................................[hero]
fig 1 - initial line up

[gob].............[hero].............[hero]
[gob]
fig 2 - move to position

[gob]..<-attack-..[hero].............[hero]
[gob]
fig 3 - attack activates

fig 4 -return to initial line up

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 03-14-2013

Well, if you wanted to adjust the CENTER move system, you could try here around 231-233 in 3 - Battle System:
Code:
if center_move      # Runs to center
          @spriteset.battler(battler).setmove(320+(offset/4), battler.screen_y-1, battler.screen_z)
        end

That could become this:
Code:
if center_move      # Runs to center
          @spriteset.battler(battler).setmove(320+(offset/4), target.screen_y-1, target.screen_z + 10)
        end

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Zolnova - 04-25-2013

Quick question, Ccoa Spritestrip Style, is it possible to change the sprite image size limit?
For example, I'm using a SkullGreymon sprite, but sadly his left hand keep getting cut off, if I try adding another frame it shows his missing hand as part of the second frame.

Edit:
Turns out it's not just large sprites, it's sprites that are pretty long length wise, as this happens with betamon's second attack frame :(
So could someone please help me increase each frames max size limit so I can use wider sprites please?

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 04-26-2013

There is no max size limit. Individual frame widths must equal the Frame's height.

The system takes a look at the width and height of your ccoa sprite-strips, and merely uses the image's height to find out how many frames you have. You see, it considers that each frame in a strip to be equal in both width and height, so a single frame that is 50px tall would also be 50px high. And if I had a 360px wide strip that measured only 45px tall, it would calculate that the strip had 8 frames.

RE: Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Zolnova - 04-26-2013

Oh, so it's automatic in a sense.
This is somewhat confusing.
However it does solve why I could never make head or tales out of "templates" I did.

So, how would I go about fixing this chopping issue?