Save-Point
AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive (/thread-2566.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

AnimBat! - Animated Battlers - Comprehensive - DerVVulfman - 03-05-2008

[Image: fdzKgZA.png]
Animated Battlers - Comprehensive
Version 1.2
Title Art by LunarBerry
http://www.lunarberrystudio.com

Introduction
This script adapts front-view battle systems (like the default battle system, or the RTAB system), and turns it into a side-view battle system. Battlers can bob and weave while waiting to attack, charge forward to attack, and strike a victory pose when they win.

Screenshots
[Image: 5NfN2wi.png]
Aluxes, Gloria and Ghost battlers courtesy of Green Raven. Artist for Felix battler is unknown.

Script
Broken up into 7 pages.
Credits
Configuration - Basic Settings
Configuration - Pose Control
Configuration - Movement and Frames
Engine - Game Classes
Engine - Sprite Systems
Engine - Battle Engine

Demos
Kept Here

Original Demo(with the old 10-pose system)
The earliest version by Minkoff (w/ RTAB) that I know

With the Battle Animations 'Flip' system
Another system that literally 'flips' the battle animations horizontally and/or vertically.

Using Charlie Fleed's CTB Final Fantasy X-Like Battle System v 3.3 (formerly 3.2)
Link to Charlie Fleed's original "Final Fantasy X-like Battle System" topic
Revision to his system made solely for the newer AnimBat! system. Everything else is the same

Link to RotimKid's Golden Sun Camera System
The topic now has a link to a demo sporting his camera system and AnimBat!

Instructions
Please refer to the following manual (in .chm help format) now available for download.
>Help File Manual<
If you are having problems reading the help file (the AnimBat.chm), follow these steps...

1. Right-Click the AnimBat.chm
2. Select Properties
3. Click the Unblock button at the bottom of the Properties dialog (above the OK and Cancel buttons)
4. You should now be able to read the CHM file.

Pre-Rendered Configs
The demo and the scripts above show how to generate a system that uses multiple types of spritesheets and RTP battlers. Below are two configuration files you may wish to use in it's place.
Minkoff Configuration ... the typical Minkoff system without any extra.
Cybersam Configuration ... a configuration system for Cybersam's 7-pose system.
Charset Configuration ... a configuration system to use Charactersets for battlers.
Holder Configuration ... a 13-pose system designed by Holder.
RM2K3 Styled Configuration ... based on RPGMaker 2003's style, but after formed into a single 1-row sheet.
RMMV Styled Configuration ... based on RPGMaker MV's style, but after formed into a single 1-row sheet.

The Formation System
Removed from Animated Battlers is the formation system. A new one (roughly similar in nature to Claihm's system) is available below if you want to make custom battle formations.
Formation System

The Window Depth Adjuster
The battlers in this system tend to draw themselves over the battlesystem's command windows. This patch can fix this for you.
Window Depth Adjuster

Awards and Badges
A few awards of note for Animated Battlers
Honorary Awards for Spritesheet Artists
Honorary Awards for Animated Battler Scripters

Compatibility
This side-view battler script was designed to work with both, the default battle system AND the RTAB system. It was also instrumental in making Charlie Fleed's CTB. And it apparently works with a whole host of others ranging from ParaDog's and the XRXS systems and those by Trickster. But I cannot account for it working with any other systems.

Known Issues
Of known issues, Eshkova discovered that no actor and enemy may use the same battler at the same time. One can have two different monsters use the same spritesheet, or two actors may use the same spritesheet. But if an actor and enemy use the same spritesheet, only the enemy will be visible on the battle screen.

Credits and Thanks
Lots o' credits

Terms and Conditions
Required for distribution:
This system is available royalty free. I make no claim as to the usage of this system, even for commercial use. Edits to the system may be permitted as to suit your needs, but I cannot guarantee these edits effectiveness nor can I guarantee support for these same edits.

When using the system, the name of the animation system must be prominent along with my name and name of the scripter who created the basis of this work (that's Minkoff... if you didn't know :D ). If your project includes a end-of-game 'Credit Roll', I would also require the listing of all parties in the Credits and Thanks section (above) as contributers and betatesters of this system. Given their assistance, I wouldn't ask no less.

Author's Notes
Um... nope... none that I can think of. And I thought there wasn't much left to add to this years ago...

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 06-23-2009

Bump to
Version 12.0

First off, I found an corrected an oversight in Random Melee Attacks. An annoying little bug that used the wrong 'poses'.

I also repaired a glitch with the Actor/Enemy offset system. It was a little something that Twin Matrix pointed out to me.

I also tweaked the battler fade-in system. Works much better now. You can thank Twin Matrix for that one too.

Oh, I did some work at decreasing the size of the sprite system page. I made it more modular and managed to trim and cut a few things.

Long overdue, I added the ability for enemy battlers to have a winning 'loopable' victory pose. While normally, losing a battle takes you to a game over screen, I'm sure some scripter will extend some battlesystem so the enemies can cheer.

Oh, I finally solved the frozen target bug I've been trying to squash for months. For some time, when a target is about to be attacked, his or her animation freezes. That graphic bug sucked, but it's been fixed now.

And I fixed a combined RTP/Spritesheet fadeout color problem.

Oh, and for the record, with these changes... Animated Battlers VX and the XP version found here may now use the same configuration page. :)

;) Eventually, I'm gonna rewrite my manual for both systems.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 06-26-2009

Bump to
Version 12.1

Um, my bad. One fix brought on another bug. :P

The repair that squashed the 'Freezing Target' bug I had for several months (or a year?), created a very strange bug. The new bug was that the targets who died actually performed the DEAD pose before they performed the STRUCK pose. Weird.

Well, that bug got 'squashed' reeeeeal good too.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 06-30-2009

Bump to
version 12.3

I removed the long and drawn-out 'formations' system. Rather than using a system, I use an extra script where I can plot out how I want my battlers to stand. The forementioned 'Formation' patch is now available in the 1st page/post.

I also retooled the offset system which controls how battlers overlap one another when they attack. Now it takes the battler's width into consideration, not just some configuration values. I redid the offset configuration values, mind you. It's pretty much complete by now.

Enjoy.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Charlie Fleed - 07-19-2009

Hey, I found out that if you set MNK_RUSH_SPEED=4, or higher I guess, the "moving" phase starts to loop. There must be some "hidden" limit induced by the way you use it...

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 07-20-2009

Eep! Four? I never really go beyond 1.6. '1' is the default speed from Minkoff's original system.

I did mention in the manual that values close to or beyond '2' are flaky.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - dkaelynd - 09-24-2009

i'm having a problem setting up sprites in battle it still makes the sprite like a looping slide show like a tredmil of images of the sprite and isn't in the proper position. i've followed the manual you made but it still doesn't solve the problem. any advice

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - Alpha-Mad - 09-24-2009

It's because you haven't set up the poses correctly. If you have an actor with a 6 pose charset in the script as an actor with 5 poses, then the script cuts the character in half and makes that error you're describing. Look in the Instruction Manuals, page 16 and that should explain everything. This is common mistake, don't fret.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - eldeth1029 - 10-31-2009

Hey. I'm using this script and it's working very well, but this very odd error poped up. I'm also using Charlie's CTB and pretty much out of no where when people attack, it shows the Skill animation. I replaced all the default scripts and the ones I've used and it still shows up. I was wondering if you think this might be because of the Animated Battlers script. The bug poped up out of no where.

Minkoff's Animated Battlers - Enhanced - DerVVulfman - 10-31-2009

A slightly older version of Animated Battlers is already integrated into Charlie's CTB. And while the newer version of Animated Battlers can work with his CTB, only a few modifications are needed. That is still in the works.

But you didn't say 'what' the error is.

Please create a query in the SUPPORT forum as this is a joint Animated Battlers/Charlie CTB support problem. And be specific. The error... the line where the error occurs... what it looks like, reacts like. Etc.