Save-Point
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Red_Wolf - 02-12-2010

This seems like a good system though I will never use it for I don't use RMXP but instead RMVX.
I would use it if it's converted for use with VX

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - usedpilot - 02-12-2010

Charlie Fleed Wrote:[size=medium[/size]]Instructions for how to change the sideview battle into the classic first-person-view one.[/size]

Quote:You can do it with the proper configuration of Animated Battlers and some edits to the code.

Your actors will be displayed on the bottom of the screen like in the default BS. They still won't be aligned with the stats in the battle status, but depending on which style you want to use, there would be differences in how to proceed.

Thank you! How would I align them with the default battle status style you use in your demo? Here's a screen.

And the last thing I'd want to change is the cursor when selecting an enemy to attack or an ally to heal/buff, instead of it going through the enemies/allies with up or down, going back to left or right.

Thanks for the help and the battle system in general.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ace - 02-12-2010

Charlie, could I replace your battle result window with this one:

http://www.creationasylum.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9945&st=0&start=0

What do I have to change to make it work properly (Also with the skills learning system)?

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - drmckillicuddy - 02-13-2010

I downloaded your ffx script, and followed the instructions to a tee. I was just wondering why even though the "default actors and enemies" is set to false, I get the default battlers in the fights, and the animated characters you provided don't work. They just show up the way they do when you select them in the actors tab in the database.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - drmckillicuddy - 02-13-2010

sorry to keep whining, but i also dont know how to get the enemy to show. All i get is a small piece of their picture at the bottom of the screen. how do i get the whole picture up where it should be?

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 02-13-2010

Zarox Wrote:Charlie, could I replace your battle result window with this one:

http://www.creationasylum.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9945&st=0&start=0

What do I have to change to make it work properly (Also with the skills learning system)?

Aaaaaaawwww, you dislike my battle result window... how mean...
Sorry but I don't have the time to do this. Please understand. You can customize a lot in the battle report I wrote, maybe you can try to get something similar to that. I don't see anything really "special" in that battle result.

drmckillicuddy Wrote:I downloaded your ffx script, and followed the instructions to a tee. I was just wondering why even though the "default actors and enemies" is set to false, I get the default battlers in the fights, and the animated characters you provided don't work. They just show up the way they do when you select them in the actors tab in the database.

drmckillicuddy Wrote:sorry to keep whining, but i also dont know how to get the enemy to show. All i get is a small piece of their picture at the bottom of the screen. how do i get the whole picture up where it should be?

It looks like you have a problem with the configuration of Animated Battlers. You should ask for support in DerVVulfman's Animated Battlers thread, but exceptionally I will take this myself. Post your Animated Battlers config please.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ace - 02-13-2010

No I don't dislike it xD but I love this how the exp meter is filling xD with every exp it makes a sound and it's not that fast as yours with filling. So no big problem xD

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 02-13-2010

It's way easier to make mine work like that than to integrate that in the bs.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ace - 02-13-2010

Yeah I think so, I'm trying to change the speed and to add a sound right now :D

usedpilot Wrote:
Charlie Fleed Wrote:[size=medium[/size]]Instructions for how to change the sideview battle into the classic first-person-view one.[/size]

Quote:You can do it with the proper configuration of Animated Battlers and some edits to the code.

Your actors will be displayed on the bottom of the screen like in the default BS. They still won't be aligned with the stats in the battle status, but depending on which style you want to use, there would be differences in how to proceed.

Thank you! How would I align them with the default battle status style you use in your demo? Here's a screen.

Post with instructions edited.

usedpilot Wrote:And the last thing I'd want to change is the cursor when selecting an enemy to attack or an ally to heal/buff, instead of it going through the enemies/allies with up or down, going back to left or right.

Only one ride at a time, man. I'm kidding, but that edit is sooo boring to do... I'll add this ASAP.

usedpilot Wrote:Thanks for the help and the battle system in general.

You're welcome.