Save-Point
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 01-31-2010

@Zarox
I don't want to add an equip function because of possible incompatibility with other scripts. I will when I will have studied a good solution.

@Naridar
Hi, what version are you using? And, maybe you haven't provided a face for some of your summoned actors. With version 3.0 it shouldn't be a problem though.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ace - 01-31-2010

ok I see^^ so was just a thought of mine :D

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - ryukishin123 - 01-31-2010

hey charlie,,Is the ctb version 3.0 compatible with Camera movement system ?" IF it isn't !"Could you make a script that would be compatible with camera movement system ?"It will be good if it can be done I bet...^^Like tales of symphonia !"

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - DerVVulfman - 01-31-2010

There is a camera system that works with Animated Battlers, which is a part of Charlie's CTB. It has been tested with other recent versions of the CTB and works fine given the assumption you modify the battlebacks you're using to the required dimensions and such. Given this, I see no reason it would have any problems with the newest version of the CTB.

Golden Sun Camera Battle System v1.0 (BETA)
It is by Shockwave (formerly Rotimikid) and is still listed as a beta version. However, I should point out that his script will line up the enemies in a straight line in the same way the actors are lined up. There is no 'arranging' of the enemies possible. This is so it can shift and rotate the camera angle for the game. As such, it is also incompatible with my 'Formations' script.

EDIT: Erm, that's all I'll say. Not about to hijack his thread. Winking

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 02-01-2010

You know your contribution is always welcomed. :)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - ryukishin123 - 02-01-2010

DerVVulfman Wrote:There is a camera system that works with Animated Battlers, which is a part of Charlie's CTB. It has been tested with other recent versions of the CTB and works fine given the assumption you modify the battlebacks you're using to the required dimensions and such. Given this, I see no reason it would have any problems with the newest version of the CTB.

Golden Sun Camera Battle System v1.0 (BETA)
It is by Shockwave (formerly Rotimikid) and is still listed as a beta version. However, I should point out that his script will line up the enemies in a straight line in the same way the actors are lined up. There is no 'arranging' of the enemies possible. This is so it can shift and rotate the camera angle for the game. As such, it is also incompatible with my 'Formations' script.

EDIT: Erm, that's all I'll say. Not about to hijack his thread. Winking

Many thanks DVV....It's very nice battle system i thought........
EDIT : Could you explain me how to use that rotating system within charlie's CTB ?"I just have copied it into CTB by charlie's script ,but I got an error..What must I change there exactly ?"
and BTW,,I'm still using charlie's ctb version 1.24.....Is it possible to be changed into version 3.00 just by replace the existing scripts !"
I just afraid it would be an issue if i replaced it...

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ace - 02-02-2010

copy your script file in the Data Folder (Your Game/Data) to another location and try it, but it should work^^ and with the camera system... I put it at the bottom of the CTB and the animated battlers scripts and it worked

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - zackxxi - 02-03-2010

Hey Charlie. First off I would like to say that I love your ctb. Its awesome and thanks for adding all these great features.

I just had a simple question that will probably have a not so simple answer... is it possible to change it to where they can only steal an item once? I was thinking along the lines of FF9 where stealing from bosses is a good way of getting new equipment.

Also, on the same note. Is it possible to change it where there is more than the two items to steal? Referencing FF9 again, how you could steal up to four items?

Thanks for your time.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Guest - 02-03-2010

Hey charlie. Another quick question. I have a character who has to daggers. I wanted his regular combo to be a two hit combo. Is there anyway to make a combo attack where he takes damage for the first slash and then the second as well? Thanks.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 02-03-2010

@ryukishin123
The last version of the BS has some differences in the required database edits: some new states, some new elements, a couple of common events not used anymore. So, first I strongly recommend the upgrade, as there are both bug fixes and new or refined features, secondly it is better to make a clean install following the how to install section of the guide, which will tell you the database edits you need.

@zackxxi
The steal feature has been implemented very quickly and it actually lacks in features. You have some good suggestions there (none of them can be done with the current version), thanks.

@Silne30
Are you using a multi-slots system? which one?