Save-Point
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Cinnamon - 09-06-2009

Hey!
Script is amazing, I fiddled with it and then followed the installation guide and it works perfectly. Firstly, I'm pretty much a newbie to scripting but have been able to change the script to how I like it, the only thing I can't seem to find is a way to change the reaction message "Character's Reaction!!" to an actual picture I've made called "reaction.png" so that it flashes the image before the Reaction. Do you know where and how I could do that?

Secondly, is there a chance you're ever going to add Combined Attacks in the game? For example, Character 1 uses Fire in Turn 1. Character 2 uses Fire in Turn 1. End of Character 2 using Fire, both Character 1 and 2 stop forward and use Greater Fire. Would that ever be possible? :P

Thanks again, awesome script!!

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - DerVVulfman - 09-06-2009

Here I am speaking in regards of 'Combined Attacks'.

I cannot say whether combined attacks with Charlie's battlesystem is available or not. I have seen such scripts for specific battlesystems before or one designed for use with the default RMXP battlesystem. However, I cannot say if the one I saw for the default system would work with Charlie's. And I am very aware that the ones for specific battlesystems work only with their own. Perhaps Charlie made a combined attack system and I am not aware of it. *DerVVulfman shrugs.*

Now graphically... As I stated, I have seen such scripts for specific battlesystems as well as one designed for use with the default RMXP battlesystem. The problem is 'control' over the battlers. As the main/lead scripter for the 'Animated Battlers' system, taking over from Minkoff, I have to state that when a 'combined' skill is created/used, the use of that skill will be passed to just one battler. What this means is that when two (or more) heroes combine their skill, only one hero in the system actually performs the new skill and control only passes to him. Graphically, this will show only that hero's battler stepping forward and perfoming the skill. It IS a very tricky thing I have been pondering for a number of systems already.

Oh, and Charlie is away for a little while.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - DerVVulfman - 09-06-2009

It's still turn based CTB (Conditional Turn Based) system. It just has graphics so you can see At/Ct (turn) Bars, Gradia Turn Graphic systems and etc, but you can turn these off. Without them, you'll see it as a regular turn-based system. No bars or nothing.

I'd like to see a patch for making it an ATB (Active Turn Based) system where the enemies will attack you while you wait and wait... just leaving your keyboard alone. Now THAT... will be hard.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Cinnamon - 09-06-2009

There is a switch in the system to make it Active Turn Based. It's down the bottom of the Configuration, just before the Grandia switch.

No idea if it works though, not tested it.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Cinnamon - 09-07-2009

Sorry for the double post but I'm having an error with my animations!
They're not coming out the colour they're supposed to, instead of being coloured, they're coming out a transluscent white colour. In addition to this, my default enemy collapse fade out isn't the usual red colour, it's also this same transluscent white-ish colour.

Can anyone help? I love this system and I haven't actually changed much apart from the default boolean settings and I don't want to have to change to another system :(!

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Omnistrife - 09-12-2009

Hi, i've got two questions:

1)I'm s'till using the version 2.11, if y replace for the 2.14, is there a way to conserve the modifications I have made to it?

2)Could you recommend me a bestiary script that works with your CTB please?

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find one that works...

Thank you

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Ælly - 09-12-2009

Very good battle system charlie ;)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Kany64 - 09-12-2009

I think its the best sideview battlesystem for ever charlie ^^

EDIT: @DerVVulfman can u help me i need a tutorial to make animated battlers or can u make them?????

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - DaToti - 09-14-2009

very very good job i must say. this is the best battlesystem i've ever seen ^^

one question: i want that bars into my custom menu (custom menu from The Law G14)

and i also want the status window looks like the status window in your summon window... i dont know how to explain ^^ sry for my english

i already tested a little bit but nothing worked :( i also want that the superarts also shown in the menu like in ff7 the limit breaks

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - PK8 - 09-14-2009

Charlie will not be here for a while. When he does, this topic's going to open back up.

http://rmvxp.co.cc/thread-1135.html

Edit: Charlie's back.