Save-Point
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-11-2009

Kany64 Wrote:
Quote:You replaced ID with the id of the actor, right?

for example (005)
yes but whzen i want to switch in the battle there is written that an error is occured in data name ......... and i dont know what i have to do .

You may have not configured the switching feature properly. Follow these instructions:
Content Hidden

Fun4life Wrote:umm where do u get ur sprites and how do u add transformations and summons...I suck at making rpgs with rpg maker but i wanna learn... pls help a newbie out i wanna learn how to do stuff like u do...
You can find sprites around the forum(s). As for the transformations and summons, it's all described in the instructions.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Shiroiyuki - 07-12-2009

Hi Charlie,

After downloading your demo and playing (it's WONDERFUL btw, good job!), I tried to incorporate the scripts into the game I've already started. I wish I would have found this sooner as I've already got my characters, items, and skills set...it probably would have been easier to start from the demo.

Anyway, I've hit an error and I don't know how to fix it. Hope you can help.

When I go to playtest (after hitting 'New Game') it says:

Quote:Script 'Summons 0.6' line 150: NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'list' for nil:NilClass

I've exported/imported all of your materialbase files, copy/pasted the script pages, etc. Still can't figure it out.

:( Help, please?

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-12-2009

Check out the configuration of your summon skills in the database and make sure that each one has a common event id associated.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Shiroiyuki - 07-12-2009

I've checked everything and it all seems to be....fine. Which is the strange thing.

The common events are there and tagged....

Note: I found another error while under 'Troops'. Went to do a battle test and none of the character/enemy graphics are showing up. Maybe it's related???

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-12-2009

That could be a problem of misconfiguration of Animated Battlers. What battle system were you using before?
Also, not all the features work in test battles, you should better create a map for testing battles.

Please make a list of the scripts you are using in your project.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Shiroiyuki - 07-13-2009

I was using the standard battle system that came with XP.

The only other non-standard script I was using was one for fonts -- to switch the font to Tahoma. But I don't think that would conflict...

As of now, I've deleted most of the scripts that gave me the error. If I can figure out what went wrong, I'll add them again. I'd really, really like to incorporate this system into my game -- yours looks wonderful. But it just doesn't like me :(.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - habs11 - 07-17-2009

Hey Charlie, I have a small tweak that you might be able to answer.

Situation: I am using a total of 8 summons in the "Skills" tab of the database. 4 are regular summons, call them Kerya, Adel, Crimson, and Zeigfried, and 4 are "grand summons" which are the same summons Kerya, Adel, Crimson, and Zeigfried except when summoned they have a full superarts gauge. (You showed me how to do this just recently)

The 4 regular summons are tagged with "CMD Summon" and "Summon". The four grand summons are tagged with "CMD Superart", "Superart", and "Summon".

The 4 regular summons are tagged to a common event:
$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"])

The 4 grand summons are tagged to a common event:
$game_actors[10].
super_arts_points=200;
$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"])

So there is a total of 8 common events between the two.

Now here is what happens. It doesn't matter if it is the regular summon or the grand summon, when "Kerya" is summoned, the party members that are removed from battle, are also removed from the party on the map. So if I try and "Retire" "Kerya". it first doesn't let me, "Kerya" stays on the screen. If I retire her again, then the game goes to the game over screen because the remaining actors are removed from the game. This also happens when the battle is over, and when the "Kerya" dies. So for some reason the script is not storing the current party for when the battle is over, the Aeon dies, or is retired. So the party cannot "comeback" to the battle or the map after the battle.

Now this might give you some insight on to what is going on. It took me about 4 hours just to figure this out after trying everything else with your demo and what not. I slowly imported a summon from my game into your demo piece by piece and found what messed up the script. I figured out if I changed the "grand summons" tags to only:

"CMD Superart" and "Superart" (Removed "Summon" from the tags) it works!

The system operates just like normal. "Kerya" is summoned and operates just fine as a regular summon and as a grand summon. There could be a number of things that could make this happen, but my question is to you, is this ok? Will things be alright if I keep my tags like this? I'm guessing there could be some overlapping with the Aeons due to the same Aeon being summoned on two different occasions, or the fact that the skill is tagged to both "superart" and "summon" might cause some difficulties, but I don't know, your the boss. Maybe you can figure something out. If not, no worries. I don't want you to sweat too hard over it, its not the end of the world if it doesn't work out. Sorry that it is a long post, but I wanted to be specific that way you knew exactly the situation. Thanks for your time.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-17-2009

Long post? Not at all, this is a post I could frame and show to the people as an example, no kidding.
It is an interesting issue, and the fact that removing the "Summon" tag makes it work just gave me a hint... I will investigate.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-17-2009

Okay.
Use this version of Summons:
Content Hidden
and when you have two common events containing a summon, just differentiate them by adding a third parameter, like this:

$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"],374)

$game_actors[10].
super_arts_points=200;
$game_party.summon(2,["Kerya"],712)

You just need to put two different integer non negative numbers.

This will appear in version 2.14.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - habs11 - 07-17-2009

Charlie, I followed your instructions and this is what happens. When I test play the game, right when I hit the "new game" button several comments come up such as:

"filling_summons_database"

"summon: Kerya id191"

"summon: Adel id192"

"summon: Crimson id193"

"summon: Zeigfired id194"

"summon: Kerya id195"

"summon: Adel id196"

"summon: Crimson id197"

"summon: Zeigfired id198"

Each are separate comments, and I'm not sure why they show up just letting you know in case they are not supposed to be there. Ok, then when I summon one of the aeons, right before they show up on the screen there are more comments:

"Summon skill id: 191
type: 2"

"Actors:"

"Kerya"

Then "Kerya" appears and is ready to go. Again, not sure why it shows up. Now, when I win a battle with either the regular party, or the aeon, I get this error:

Script "Summons 0.7"line 715: NameError Occurred
uninitialized constant Scene_Battle::NOT_INVOKED_AEON_EXP_MULTIPLIER

I imported the new version of summons and changed my common events. I used random integers(like 353 and 841) for the "3rd" part of the summon script, if that has anything to do with it. I wish I could tell you more but I don't know what to say. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I tagged the "grand summons" with "Summon" tag in the skills database. So they have "CMD supreart", "Superart" and "Summon" as opposed to what I had before with just 'CMD superart" and "Superart". Was I supposed to do that? Thanks.