Save-Point
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-02-2009

It looks like you didn't copy and paste all the script pages from the demo.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Kany64 - 07-03-2009

I have a easy question in my game there are not the buttons skill. tech and other. why?
and how can i put the facesets to the command window?

please answer.

Edit: i have solved all problems. but only that with skill, tech, and art i dont have.
and i dont know how i can take facesets in the battle window

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - habs11 - 07-03-2009

Hey Charlie, I just have one small question for you. With you party switcher, will you be able to make it so that you can't take out particular actors? I am just wondering since it's nice while making the game that you always have your main character as the graphic that you walk around the maps with, because it makes the interactions with other actors easier. You might have already been asked this so if so sorry, I couldn't find anything of the sorts on the post. Thanks.

Habs11

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-03-2009

Kany64 Wrote:I have a easy question in my game there are not the buttons skill. tech and other. why?
and how can i put the facesets to the command window?

please answer.

Edit: i have solved all problems. but only that with skill, tech, and art i dont have.
and i dont know how i can take facesets in the battle window

It's all described in the instructions.
Look for "Configuration of Individual Battle Commands" for the skill/tech problem.
Look for "Face of the active battler" and "Faces of the actors in the battle status" for the faces.

habs11 Wrote:Hey Charlie, I just have one small question for you. With you party switcher, will you be able to make it so that you can't take out particular actors? I am just wondering since it's nice while making the game that you always have your main character as the graphic that you walk around the maps with, because it makes the interactions with other actors easier. You might have already been asked this so if so sorry, I couldn't find anything of the sorts on the post. Thanks.

Habs11

Good suggestion for version 2.14.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Kany64 - 07-04-2009

thx Charlie lee

Edit: Let us assume that you want to create "Black Magic" and "White Magic". Well, create two elements named "CMD
White Magic" and "CMD Black Magic", and add the proper element to all the skills in your database that belong to
either of the two "categories".
Finished. Yes. Simple, isn't it?
Remember, if "Name" is you category, use an element called "CMD Name". "Name" will end up in the command
window of the actors, and it will be displayed only if that actor has at least one skill of that category.

but where i need to create the elements???
see the _________

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-04-2009

You create elements in the last tab of the database (System).

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Kany64 - 07-04-2009

ok thx charlie

i dont see the pictures of my battlers u have see the video from one of my earlier post( there i canht go attack the jackal) there is the same problem jet too i dont see the name bars too

EDIT²: how can i make a background party????
How can i change the size of the party because 4 heroes not enough.???

EDIT³: i cant understand what the instruction would say with:
# ACTOR COMMAND WINDOW #
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ACTOR_COMMAND_WINDOWSKIN_OPACITY=200
LEFT_ACTOR_COMMAND_WINDOWSKIN_OPACITY=220
ACTOR_COMMAND_BG_PICTURE_NAME="actor_command_bg_2_bw2" # Put "" if unused
ACTOR_COMMAND_WINDOW_WIDTH=160 # 160, 128 recommended with status window style=2
ACTOR_COMMAND_CURSOR_MEMORY=true
ACTOR_COMMAND_WINDOW_TEXT_RGB=[255,255,255]
ACTOR_COMMAND_WINDOW_TEXT_B_RGB=[0,0,0]

You can decide its opacity, as well as the opacity of the left command window (the one showing Defend, Skip,
Escape and so on).
The command window may use a background image as well.
You can decide the width, text color and text border color (RGB values).
Finally, you can set the window to use cursor memory (on a per-character basis).

# BATTLER WINDOW #
BATTLER_FACE_VISIBLE=true
BATTLER_FACE_SMALL=true
BATTLER_WINDOW_Y=301
BATTLER_WINDOW_X=91
BATTLER_FACE_SIZE=44
BATTLER_FACE_WINDOWSKIN_OPACITY=0

The image displaying the active battler's face uses the picture Graphics/Faces/<character_name.png> or Graphics/
Faces/<character_name-small.png>, depending on the value of BATTLER_FACE_SMALL.
It can be enabled/disabled, moved and resized.
You can also set the windowskin opacity.
hey charlie i need your help i only see the name tabs of my enemies but not here of my characters why?????

please answer

and sorry for the double post.

Do not double post - Punk

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-06-2009

You can make a backup party by adding members to it using:
$game_party.add_backup_actor(ID)

The battle system supports more than 4 party members (not counting the backup party), in that if you have a script that enables more than 4 party members, the battle system will use them correctly, but you need an external script.

Now for the turn bars, let's say that your character's name is Eddie; then you need a picture in Graphics/Pictures/Turns/ called Eddie.png.
If you don't have pictures or you don't want them, just set TURN_USE_PICTURES=false in the configuration, and you will see the names instead.

Do you want the face too? You need a picture in Graphics/Faces/ called Eddie.png

I hope this helps.

Quote:please answer

Look, it may take some time, but I always answer.

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Kany64 - 07-07-2009

ok charlie the problem with the faces is solved and how can i move the party a little bit to left???

thx for answers

Kany64

CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 07-07-2009

In "CTB by Charlie - Game_Actor" line 24, you should find:
Code:
return offset_screen_x - 80
change that 80.